Clothing should be clean and modest
Dear Residents, Community Members, Employees, Guests, TT’s, and Program Participants,
- Please wear modest tops (not low-cut or revealing).
- Tights and Leggings may be worn if covered by tops that come to or close to the knees.
- Pants should be modest and clean.
- Shorts for both men and women should come to or close to the knees. Short-shorts or miniskirts are not to be worn, even with leggings or tights.
- If shorts are worn to LOTUS, Chidambaram, or Guru Bhavan, please cover them with a cloth wrap. These are available at the entryway in the temples. Or, you can use a shawl as a wrap.
- Shoes are not permitted in Ashram buildings, except in lobbies and kitchen.
- Bare Feet: If you walk outside without shoes, please wash feet or cover them with socks or slippers when entering buildings
- Swimwear: Please wear non-revealing modest bathing suits for women and boxer-style trunks for men at swimming areas only.
- For Satsang and special events, do not wear shorts. Please dress appropriately for attending a sacred event. White or light-colored clothing is preferred, but other colors are fine if modest and clean.
- Scents: Please refrain from wearing strong fragrances like perfumes and essential oils.