The LOTUS Center for World Faiths (LCAF) was founded in 1996 by Sri Swami Satchidananda to share the message of LOTUS “Truth is one, paths are many”. The mission of LCAF is to promote world peace and interfaith harmony through a greater understanding of the unity underlying the diversity of the various spiritual paths.
The outreach arm of the Light Of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS) at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville, LCAF organizes educational interfaith programs, oversees Yogaville’s celebration of the main holydays of major faith traditions, and coordinates interfaith prayer services at Yogaville and other venues. Additionally, LCAF invites representatives from local and national faith-based groups to give presentations at Yogaville. LCAF committee members participate in national and international conferences coordinated by other interfaith organizations.
LCAF’s long-term goals include:
- Inviting more representatives from local and national faith-based groups to visit LOTUS and give presentations on their respective faiths
- Facilitating more interfaith programs, including our Light of Truth Universal Service, at Yogaville and other venues that share the message of LOTUS
- Creating interfaith resources, including printed and digital materials, and upgrading the LOTUS Prayer Book and Multifaith Ritual Music CD.
In addition to its programs, LCAF has been involved in a variety of multimedia projects:
- The Light Of Truth Universal Shrine official website
- LOTUS: Light Of Truth Universal Shrine – a full-color book about the shrine and world faiths
- A Vision of Peace: the Interfaith Teachings of Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Many Paths, One Truth DVD
LCAF actively collaborates with other interfaith organizations:LCAF is a member of the Cooperation Circle of Central Virginia, the North American Interfaith Network (NAIN), the Parliament of World Religions (WPR), and an affiliate organization with the United Religions Initiative (URI).
- LCAF is a member of the Cooperation Circle of Central Virginia, the North American Interfaith Network (NAIN), the Parliament of World Religions (WPR), and an affiliate organization with the United Religions Initiative (URI).
- LCAF continues its outreach work through staff members’ attendance at such interfaith events as the NAIN Connect annual conference, the Parliament of the World’s Religions conferences and other interfaith gatherings.
- LCAF has an honorary advisory council of notable interfaith advocates who support the mission of the LOTUS and LCAF.
Telephone: 434-969-3121, ext. 105
LOTUS Center for All Faiths, 108 Yogaville Way Buckingham, Virginia 23921