We have a mission at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville — To practice, live, and impart the Integral Yoga teachings of Sri Swami Satchidananda, to experience supreme peace and joy, and to share that peace and joy with one and all.
We dedicate ourselves to our service while enjoying many Ashram offerings: Hatha Yoga, meditation, Satsang, Puja, Kirtan, scripture studies, programs, teacher trainings, sacred sites, nature, hiking trails, spiritual community, vegetarian meals, and more. All are encouraged to commit to their spiritual practice. We can all experience supreme peace and joy.
The purpose of Yoga and of living in an ashram is to help you know your own true nature, true Self within. You are the Knower. You are the Self, but you have forgotten who you are. You identify with the “doer.” You may question, “Then, why do you ask me to go and dig the ground? I want to experience God.”
To prepare yourself to experience God you have to clean out all the impediments that are in the way. So, while you pull the weeds outside, you are pulling the weeds in the mind. When you remove the rock, you are taking out the rocks inside. That is the meaning, the purpose of Karma Yoga.
— Sri Swami Satchidananda
My sincere wish and prayer is that one day we will all realize our essential oneness, enjoy our differences and live together as one universal family.
— Sri Swami Satchidananda
Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply. Our employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Ashram will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Part-time Employees benefits:
- Free community Hatha Yoga classes, meditation sessions, Saturday night Satsang, pujas, weekly evening talks, and spiritual discussion classes
- 3 free vegetarian meals per day
- Free attendance of select weekend workshops/programs once per quarter – 3 community spots available on a first-come/first-serve basis
- Free subscription to IYTV
- 20% discount at the Integral Yoga Natural Food Store, 10% discount at LOTUS and Sivananda Hall gift shops
- Discounted Teacher Training (after 1 year of employment)
Full-time Employee benefits:
- All Part-time Employee Benefits plus…
- 3 free vegetarian meals per day also apply to your spouse and children
- Dental insurance (after 6 months of employment)
- 5 Holidays and 6 Wellness days per year (after 30 days of employment)
- 5 Vacation days per year (after 1 year of employment), increasing with years of service
- 50% discount on local Ashram workshops, programs, and retreats – when free spots are unavailable (after 3 months of employment)
- Free 2-night/3-day stay per year at the Ashram for immediate family members (after 6 months of employment)
- Have student loans? You may qualify for, or be able to work towards, the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Benefits related to in-person activity may be temporarily moved online or be unavailable due to the pandemic
If you have any interest in employment at the Ashram, we welcome you to apply. Thank you!