Working as staff at the Ashram provides a wonderful opportunity for Self exploration and growth in a truly unique environment. Being here allows us to discover and understand who we are.
All employees are asked to participate in morning and evening meditation programs and Hatha classes. This is where you can absorb the teachings and meditative practices that will help you experience your own inner light. However, this is not required but it is highly suggested.
We ask our staff to bring a sincere, positive intention to every job. This will greatly support our ability to work together in harmony. Love should be the underlying motivation in our daily work and task. Maintaining and protecting Ashram atmosphere for the benefit of all should be the goal of every staff member.
If you have any interest in being a part of staff at the Ashram please apply.
Completion of a 30-day residential program at Satchidananda Ashram-Yogaville is the prerequisite for becoming an employee with us. It is the best way to get an introduction to life here. Successful completion of a month-long Living Yoga Training (LYT) Program or one of the Ashram’s residential Integral Yoga Teacher Training programs would fulfill that requirement.
Current Employment Positions
Our full time positions require 32-40 hours per week of Ashram service and part time require 15-25 hours per week.
Click/touch a job title below to see the description and requirements
The Ashram Kitchen is seeking a full-time Cook to serve our community and guests. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team of dedicated individuals providing sattvic (pure and balanced) vegetarian meals for our Ashram and spiritual community.
- Coordinate and prepare meals based on Sri Swami Satchidananda’s teachings on the yogic diet and the Ashram Cooking Guidelines
- Lead and organize the prep team
- Create a peaceful and safe environment for the prep team and guests
- Organize and create meals through meal planning
- Cook meals for 50 – 300 guests
- Practice kitchen sanitation and hygiene
- Cooking experience, vegetarian cooking a plus
- Ability to prepare and cook meals for large groups – 40 to 250 people
- Ability to inspire kitchen staff with respect to nutrition and food preparation
- Ability to understand and implement the Ashram Cooking Guidelines
- A flexible and good-natured attitude in regard to serving with an ever-changing crew with different personalities, learning styles, and skill levels
- Completion of a month-long residential program at Satchidananda Ashram-Yogaville
Contact Human Resources at [email protected]
The Ashram Reservations Center (ARC) is currently seeking a part-time reservationist.
- Assist guests over the phone and through email, with reservations and general inquiries about the Ashram
- Answer high-volume phone calls and emails with a high degree of professionalism
- Provide general administrative support
- Strong computer literacy, verbal communication, and customer service skills
- Dependable, self-motivated, and steady attention to detail
- Work on a team
- Completion of a month-long residential program at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville
- The Ashram is asking that all interested applicants be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with applicable state and federal guidance and regulations.
Contact Mitra at [email protected]
Satchidananda Ashram does not currently have any job openings.
Signup below to be notified as openings become available.
Applicants must have successfully completed a month-long Residential Program and be committed to the values of Integral Yoga.
Full-time positions require 32-40 hours per week, part-time 15-25 hours per week.
Benefits related to in-person activity may be temporarily moved online or be unavailable due to the pandemic.
Part-time Employees benefits:
- Free community Hatha Yoga classes, meditation sessions, Saturday night satsang, pujas, weekly evening talks, and spiritual discussion classes
- 3 free vegetarian meals per day
- Free attendance of select weekend workshops/programs once per quarter – 3 community spots available on a first-come/first-serve basis
- Free subscription to IYTV
- 20% discount at the Integral Yoga Natural Food Store, 10% discount at LOTUS and Sivananda Hall gift shops
- Discounted Teacher Training (after 1 year of employment)
Full-time Employee benefits:
- All Part-time Employee Benefits plus…
- 3 free vegetarian meals per day also applies to your spouse and children
- Dental insurance (after 6 months of employment)
- 3 full-day and 3 half-day Holidays and 6 Wellness days per year (after 30 days of employment)
- 5 Vacation days per year (after 1 year of employment), increasing with years of service
- 50% discount on local Ashram workshops, programs, and retreats – when free spots are unavailable (after 3 months of employment)
- Free 2-night/3-day stay per year at the Ashram for immediate family members (after 6 months of employment)
- Have student loans? You may qualify for, or be able to work towards, the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.