Living Yoga Training
Living Yoga Training
Experience the yogic lifestyle in the peaceful environment of an Ashram
The Living Yoga Training (LYT) program provides an opportunity to develop a steady Yoga practice that can be integrated into your daily life.
If you are committed to your spiritual growth this program can be a life-transforming experience, translating the timeless wisdom of Yoga into practical, everyday reality.
Under the guidance of senior disciples of Swami Satchidananda, the LYT program combines spiritual studies and practices with selfless service.
(may vary depending on Ashram activities)
|5:00 – 6:15 am||Meditation|
|6:20 – 7:50 am||Hatha Yoga class|
|8:00 – 8:30 am||Breakfast|
|8:30 – 11:45 am||Morning service shift or free time|
|12:00 – 12:30 pm||Silent Meditation|
|12:45 – 1:30 pm||Lunch|
|1:30 – 4:45 pm||Afternoon service shift or free time|
|5:00 – 6:30 pm||Hatha Yoga/Meditation|
|6:45 – 7:30 pm||Dinner|
|7:30 – 9:00 pm||Classes, service shift, or free time|
Tuition $600. Additional Financial Information
The Living Yoga Training (LYT) program is for responsible individuals who are dedicated to the spiritual path, can perform physical work, are positive thinking, and self-disciplined; it is not for individuals who are without a home and need a place to stay.
Sadhana or Practices
- Karma Yoga – The path of action and selfless service. Serving without attachment to the fruits (or results) of the action.
- Bhakti Yoga – The path of loving devotion, through chanting, ritual, and service
- Hatha Yoga – Practice of asanas (postures), pranayama (breath control), mudras, kriyas, yogic diet, and deep relaxation.
- Raja Yoga – Balance and control of the mind through ethical practices and meditation.
- Jnana Yoga – The intellectual approach. Through the knowledge of what really exists, that is, what is not changeable, one who engages in the Path of Wisdom realizes Oneness with the entire Universe.
- 5 Group Hatha Yoga Classes per week (6:20 am or 5 pm)
- 10 Group Meditation sessions per week (five sessions at 5 am, five sessions at 12 pm or 6 pm)
- 21 hours/week of Karma Yoga (including kitchen, farm, housekeeping, and more)
- Satsang (sacred gathering)
- 3 Spiritual Study Classes (Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, etc.)
If you have never stayed at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville, it will be necessary for you to come for a Guest Weekend. Guest Weekends are held from Friday to Sunday, and you may come on the Friday prior to starting the LYT program.
Upon acceptance into the LYT Program, the LYT Program Office will make the reservation for you.
Guest Stay: $180 (25% of this fee will be credited toward your LYT Program tuition when it’s taken the Friday before your LYT Program start date; no compounded discounts.).
We provide clean and simple rooms that accommodate up to three people (no single rooms are available). No children or pets. Read more…
Guests and residents are required to dress modestly. Read more…
Strictly vegetarian: no meat, poultry, fish, or eggs. Vegan and gluten-free options are available. Food may contain traces of gluten, peanuts, and other substances that you may be allergic to. Read more…
2019 LYT Program Calendar
|Welcome Weekend/Guest Stay|
|1st Day as a LYT|
Check-In after 4pm
|Last Day as LYT|