Residential Volunteer Program
Volunteers have played an integral part in the growth and sustainability of Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville since our founding.
Today, Volunteers perform selfless service in three primary areas: the kitchen, farm and housekeeping. Volunteers also serve in many other areas of the Ashram including event setup, guest services, reception, and many other daily operations.
Beyond service, each person brings their dedication to the spiritual path and unique qualities that form a part of making this little heaven on earth. We are so grateful to join together guided by our Mission in the spirit of Karma Yoga:
To practice, live, and impart the Integral Yoga teachings of Sri Swami Satchidananda, to experience Supreme Peace and Joy, and to share that Peace and Joy with one and all.
The Residential Volunteer Program is intended for those who have significant experience with service at the Ashram and with the teachings and practice of Integral Yoga.
- Dates – Flexible
- Duration – 1 week to 3 months
- Serve 33 hours/week, 28.5 hours/week option for older adults
- Participate in spiritual practices & Ashram life
- Accommodation – dorm (shared) or camping – no children or pets
- 3 vegetarian meals per day
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required (See Health Protocols)
The Ashram also offers a Community Volunteer Program for those who live in the Yogaville Community and other nearby areas.