Restorative Yoga Teacher Training – Part 1: Foundations
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
April 28 - May 3, 2019
Part 1: April 28–May 3, 2019
10% Off Tuition for those registering for Parts 1 and 2
Restorative Yoga is the practice of placing the body into a specific Yoga asana (posture) using the support of props such as bolsters, pillows, blocks, blankets, or chairs. These gentle asanas literally hold and maintain the position of the body as one releases mental and physical tension. In this supported state, the asana can be held for a significantly longer period of time, which facilitates a state of deeper relaxation. This extended duration allows the innate intelligence of the body to reintegrate the system to its natural state of balance and peace as the tension dissolves and melts away.
The Restorative Yoga poses may be offered as an alternative to regular asanas, when one is low in energy, during times of mental or physical stress, as well as during a time of physical illness, healing, or crisis. The supported poses enable one to receive the benefit of the asana without exerting muscular effort.
In Part 1, you will learn how to:
- Teach a complete, balanced 90-minute Restorative Yoga class
- Adapt the basic poses for shorter classes and incorporate restorative poses into regular Hatha Yoga classes and practices
- Instruct, modify, and adjust poses for individual needs
- Create a safe, relaxing one-on-one restorative session
- Practice stress management with Restorative Yoga
- Safely and effectively use props: what props to use, when to use them, care, and storage
- Teach restorative Yoga Nidra (supported relaxation poses)
- Incorporate other healing aspects of Yoga into your practice
- Develop a personal Restorative Yoga practice
- All props will be supplied for your use and practice during the course.
200-hour Integral Yoga® Hatha Teacher Training Certification or the equivalent. Students certified in other Yoga traditions will be considered on an individual basis. Experienced Yoga students interested in deepening their understanding and experience of Restorative Yoga may also apply to be considered.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 50 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA log in information.
- Integral Yoga 300-hour Mentored Program: 50 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- Yoga Therapy: This is one of the required modules to become certified as an Integral Yoga Therapist
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
You will be certified to teach Restorative Yoga after completing Part 1. Certification in Restorative Yoga is received for completing each segment. Each part may be taken individually for approximately 50 hours towards RYT 500-hour certification.
Both parts must be completed to apply towards Integral Yoga Therapy 800-hour certification.
Satya held such a large healing and supportive space for us. She teaches from the heart (and leads me to my own) while sneaking in [science] under the radar… [Her students are] blessed with knowledge, support, and growth. — Past Participant
Satya is so fresh in her teachings, she has beginner’s mind and is the embodiment of Sat-chit-ananda (truth, knowledge, bliss)! — Program Participant
Satya Greenstone has been a student of Sri Swami Satchidananda since 1971. She has shared the teachings of Integral Yoga® in many diverse settings with students of all ages and backgrounds and combines a natural, practical, down-to-earth approach to Yoga with a gentle humor. Since 1999 she has been a primary teacher for the 200-hour and the Intermediate Yoga Teacher Training programs. While serving as teacher training coordinator, she helped to develop and teach the first Gentle Yoga Teacher Training program. She has also developed and teaches training programs in Restorative Yoga, Adaptive Yoga, and Yoga and Meditation for Children. In…
Learn more about Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT