Join Yogaville’s chefs for training in our vegetarian kitchen!
Senior Chefs: Robin Parmely & Sosie Hublitz
As a subset of the Ashram Yogi Program , the Kitchen Internship is designed to allow people an opportunity to explore their interest in vegetarian cooking and kitchen procedures through hands-on experience while deepening Integral Yoga practices and principles.
Understanding the nutritional requirements of a vegetarian diet, cooking seasonally and learning fundamental techniques for preparing ethnic cuisines are just a few of the areas covered in this comprehensive resident program.
- Basic vegetarian nutritional standards
- Ethnic food preparation: Indian, Thai, Chinese, Mexican, and Italian
- Basic bread making
- Fundamental cooking techniques
- Proper use of tools and equipment
- Kitchen safety
- Inventory, ordering, storage and recipe development
- Kitchen standards: Hygiene, sanitation, and food safety
- The Kitchen Internship is open to those who have served as a Living Yoga Trainee (LYT), with the recommendation of the LYT Coordinator, former resident program enrollees or to graduates of an Ashram Integral Yoga Teacher Training.
- Ashram Yogis commit to three (3) consecutive months, with a monthly review, renewable with the approval of the Residential Services Director.
- A commitment to live in harmony with the Yogaville community and to conform to the Integral Yoga Lifestyle Principles is part of the Kitchen Internship.
- Learn the fundamental administrative skills of daily meals development in the Yogaville kitchen.
- Daily Spiritual practice (Hatha Yoga, Mediation, Scripture studies, Karma Yoga)
- Create the “Farm to Table” experience with weekly service at the Yogaville Farm
- Create, prepare and cook nutritious, delicious vegetarian meals for the entire Yogaville Community and its guests.
Kitchen Internship Opportunities and Financial Arrangements
#1 – Standard Arrangement
- $350.00 Monthly Fee
- 22 Service Hours (six – 3 ½ hr. Kitchen service shifts + one support staff service position)
- Time Distribution: ½ service & ½ study/free time
#2 – Split Arrangement
- $250.00 Monthly Fee
- 31 Service Hours (eight – 3 ½ hr. Kitchen service shifts + one support staff service position)
- Time Distribution: ¾ service & ¼ study/free time
#3 – Full Schedule
- $0.00 Fees for Full Time Service
- 38 Service Hours (ten – 3 ½ hr. service shifts + one support staff service position)
- Time Distribution: Full service, with time off for sadhana & 1 free day.
Arrangement #3 is only available to those who have the strength and vitality to comfortably serve this many hours while attending required sadhana.