Join Yogaville’s chefs for training in our vegetarian kitchen!
As a subset of the Ashram Yogi Program, the Vegetarian Cooking Internship gives participants an opportunity to explore their interest in vegetarian cooking and kitchen procedures through hands-on experience while deepening Integral Yoga practices and principles.
For more information call 1-434-969-3121 ext. 176 or download, fill out and email the application to the Resident Services department at email@example.com.
Understanding the nutritional requirements of a vegetarian diet, cooking seasonally and learning fundamental techniques for preparing ethnic cuisines are just a few of the areas covered in this comprehensive resident program.
- Basic vegetarian nutritional standards
- Ethnic food preparation: Indian, Thai, Chinese, Mexican, and Italian
- Basic bread making
- Fundamental cooking techniques
- Proper use of tools and equipment
- Kitchen safety
- Inventory, ordering, storage, and recipe development
- Kitchen standards: hygiene, sanitation, and food safety
- The Vegetarian Cooking Internship is open to those who have served as a Living Yoga Trainee (LYT), with the recommendation of the LYT Coordinator, former resident program enrollees, or to graduates of an Ashram Integral Yoga Teacher Training.
- Ashram Yogis commit to serving three (3) consecutive months, with a monthly review, renewable with the approval of the Residential Services Supervisor.
- A commitment to live in harmony with the Yogaville community and to conform to the Integral Yoga Lifestyle Principles is part of this Program.
- Learn the fundamental administrative skills of daily meal development in the Yogaville kitchen.
- Daily Spiritual practice (Hatha Yoga, mediation, scripture studies, karma yoga).
- Create, prepare and cook nutritious, delicious vegetarian meals for the entire Yogaville Community and its guests.
Vegetarian Cooking Internship Financial Arrangements
#1 – Standard Arrangement
- $400 per month
- 22 service hours per week (six, 3.5-hour kitchen service shifts + one support staff service shift)
- Time Distribution: half service and half study/free time
#2 – Split Arrangement
- $300 per month
- 31 service hours per week (eight, 3.5-hour kitchen service shifts + one support staff service shift)
- Time Distribution: three-quarters service and one quarter study/free time
#3 – Full-Time Arrangement
- $0 per month (full-time service)
- 38 service hours (ten, 3.5- hour kitchen service shifts + one support staff service shift)
- Time Distribution: full service, with time off for sadhana and 1 free day.
Arrangement #3 is only available to those who have the strength and vitality to comfortably serve this many hours while attending required sadhana.