The LYT (Living Yoga Training) Program is a complete immersion into the Integral Yoga Teachings. It is designed for people who wish to live in a Yoga community, for at least a month, with the intention of deepening their spiritual, mental, emotional and physical well being, while learning to live harmoniously with others. This program requires physical endurance and emotional adaptability while participating in the following:
DAILY Sadhana (practice):
- Group Meditation ~ 10 per week
- Hatha Yoga ~ 5 Classes per week
- Seva (service) ~ 24, 31 or 38 hours of service, including two kitchen cleanups each week. Determined by the financial arrangement made prior to entering the LYT Program.
WEEKLY Classes & Meetings:
- Scripture Classes ~ Scripture classes are offered on a variety of subjects: Hatha, Raja, Karma, Bhakti; interfaith scripture study, Sri Swam Satchidananda’s contribution to world peace.
- LYT Meeting & Sharing ~ This is a time for LYTs to communicate needs and make schedule changes. When one delves into spiritual practices and resides in a group living situation, obstacles may arise. The LYT sharing is an opportunity to discuss such challenges and reflect on our goals. It is important that all LYTS attend this weekly session.
- Satsang (spiritual gathering) ~ Each Saturday evening the Ashram community gathers for Satsang – a time for all of us to come together in the light of the teachings.
PREVIOUS GUEST STAY REQUIRED
If you have never stayed at Yogaville, it will be necessary to schedule a Welcome Weekend visit for at least two nights, at the regular guest rate, prior to acceptance into the program. Upon completion of the Welcome Weekend, we will credit 1/2 of your tuition , or $85.00, off of your LYT Tuition.