Introduction to Yin Yoga
with Biff Mithoefer, E-RYT 500 and Eric Archer
April 28 - 30, 2023
Yin Yoga uses long-held postures to support you in accessing the deeper, more Yin (still) parts of yourself. Explore how this ancient yogic practice can promote Qi (flow of energy) through the meridians (energy channels), bringing health to your body and balance to your busy, Yang (active)-life style.
Guided by Biff Mithoefer, author of The Yin Yoga Kit, you will practice Yin Yoga to bring health to your body and balance to your life.
Incorporate Yin Yoga into any Yoga practice by:
- Applying Taoist philosophy
- Following the movement of prana (life energy) in the body and explore how to affect it with Yin Yoga
- Gaining a basic understanding of the Chinese meridian system and its relationship to yogic chakra theory
- Exploring basic anatomical differences that ultimately affect Yoga postures
- Balancing the Yin practices with more Yang-style practices, based on Hatha Yoga and the Taoist tradition
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 14 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you with a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biff has an authentic understanding of the essence of Yoga, and holds true to the meditative dimension of the practice. He guides you in utilizing Yin Yoga in a healing, restful, and deepening way. The program is a great joy and recommended for anyone wanting to spend some time working on their spiritual journey. — Ishpreet Singh
I highly recommend the Yin workshop. Biff teaches with heart using poetry and archetypes to add to his knowledge of the physical body and Yin posture. — Carol Siegel
This workshop was a grounding experience by an outstanding teacher and his assistants. The uplifting live music and poetry made this a memorable and moving time that I will take forward with me into my life and practice. — Diana Simonton
Biff teaches Yin Yoga throughout the US and internationally. He is the author of The Yin Yoga Kit, coauthor of The Therapeutic Yoga Kit, and a founder-director of the Jamste Sponsorship Program for the support of Tibetan refugee children. He is an E-RYT 500 Yoga Alliance registered teacher and has trained and taught extensively with Don and Amba Stapleton, and has studied Yin Yoga and anatomy with Paul Grilley. Biff has studied shamanism with teachers of the Shapibo tradition of Eastern Peru and is a student of cross-cultural shamanism, as taught by Angeles Arrien. See more at biffmithoeferyoga.com
Learn more about Biff Mithoefer, E-RYT 500
Eric is a multi-instrumentalist, visual artist, and poet drawing inspiration from nature and its bounty. He has performed throughout the United States and Europe and is happy to call the Hudson Valley of New York his home. Eric collaborates regularly with Prema Mayi and Radharani during their workshops and frequently accompanies Biff Mithoefer on his Yoga Teacher Trainings. Contributing music to these deeply meditative and educational settings, Eric guides listeners through a collective experience of insights, heartbeats, and breath. See more at ericarcherarts.com
Learn more about Eric Archer