LifeForce Yoga to Manage Your Mood – Online
with Amy Weintraub, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MFA, YACEP
October 2 - 3, 2021
LifeForce Yoga® interweaves the power of an ancient discipline with current scientific findings to help you release what is no longer serving you—without a story attached! Join Amy Weintraub, author of the groundbreaking book Yoga for Depression and the new card deck of 52 practices Yoga for Your Mood, for an online workshop that will guide you through evidence-based Yoga practices for managing your mood.
You will come away feeling refreshed, renewed, and excited about incorporating new tools into your home, teaching, or clinical practice to bring balance to the emotional and physical body.
- Pranayama and kriya (breathing techniques) that regulate the emotions
- Meditations that lift the mood
- Sankalpa (affirmations)
- Bhavana (guided visualizations)
- Mantras (tones) that manage the emotions
- Mudras (hand gestures) that affect different areas of the chakra system and the body
- Yoga asanas suitable for all levels
This program is accessible for all levels, including beginners. Health professionals and Yoga teachers will learn techniques not regularly taught in Yoga classes to help their clients focus, relax, and have greater access to their feelings.
Live sessions with Amy on Saturday at 10:30 am–12:30 pm and 2–4 pm, and Sunday at 10:30 am–12:30 pm ET.
In addition, you will have access to two 1.5-hour recorded Yoga classes with Amy—one for depressed mood and one for anxious mood—as well as the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm ET, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talks with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
You will have access to the video recordings for 8 weeks after the program ends, until November 28.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 9 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approved Professional Development (APD) course eligible for IAYT continuing education credits. (It is the students’ responsibility to request a certificate of completion and submit all required documents, hours, syllabus, etc. on the IAYT website.)
Amy Weintraub’s Recommended Media
40% off if you’re an iyta member:
- New card deck released on 8/10/21: Yoga for Your Mood
- Instagram daily video practice: @amylifeforceyoga
- Book: Yoga Skills for Therapists
- LifeForce Yoga CD/DVD series: Breathe to Beat the Blues and LifeForce Yoga to Beat the Blues Level 1 and Level 2
To learn more about Amy, please visit amyweintraub.com.
LifeForce Yoga is a practice for everyone. If you have a troubled mind and need to relax and find calmness, I highly recommend this program. — Elaine Cook
Amy brings such energy and joy to her presentations. She keeps participants engaged through movement, feedback, and her genuine interest in each of us and our questions. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience and shares it all. This was a lovely way to spend the weekend! — Nora B May
Amy is clearly the culmination of a lifetime of work and experience. It was a gift to be in her presence as a student. — Sarah
Amy Weintraub provided valuable and effective techniques to use on ourselves and with others for alleviating anxiety and depression. — Jill Winter
Amy is the founder of the LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute and has been a pioneer in the field of Yoga and mental health for over twenty-five years. She is the author of Yoga for Depression, Yoga Skills for Therapists: Effective Practices for Mood Management, the award-winning novel Temple Dancer, the new card deck Yoga for Your Mood: 52 Ways to Shift Depression and Anxiety, and numerous articles and book chapters. She offers professional trainings and workshops for mental health and Yoga professionals and speaks at international Yoga and psychology conferences. Amy’s evidence based LifeForce Yoga protocol is in use in…
Learn more about Amy Weintraub, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MFA, YACEP