LifeForce Yoga to Manage Your Mood – Online
with Amy Weintraub, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MFA, YACEP
February 6 - 7, 2021
LifeForce Yoga® interweaves the power of an ancient discipline with current scientific findings to help you release what is no longer serving you—without a story attached! Join Amy Weintraub, author of the groundbreaking book Yoga for Depression, for an online workshop that will guide you through evidence-based Yoga practices for managing your mood.
You will come away feeling refreshed, renewed, and excited about incorporating new tools into your home, teaching, or clinical practice to bring balance to the emotional and physical body.
- Pranayama and kriya (breathing techniques) that regulate the emotions
- Meditations that lift the mood
- Sankalpa (affirmations)
- Bhavana (guided visualizations)
- Mantras (tones) that manage the emotions
- Mudras (hand gestures) that affect different areas of the chakra system and the body
- Yoga asanas suitable for all levels
This program is accessible for all levels, including beginners. Health professionals and Yoga teachers will learn techniques not regularly taught in Yoga classes to help their clients focus, relax, and have greater access to their feelings.
Live sessions with Amy on Saturday at 10:30 am–12:30 pm and 2–4 pm, and Sunday at 10:30 am–12:30 pm and 2–4 pm ET.
In addition, you will have access to two 1.5-hour recorded Yoga classes with Amy—one for depressed mood and one for anxious mood—as well as the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm ET, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talks with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
You will have access to the video recordings for 8 weeks after the program ends, until April 4.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 11 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approved Professional Development (APD) course eligible for IAYT continuing education credits. (It is the students’ responsibility to request a certificate of completion and submit all required documents, hours, syllabus, etc. on the IAYT website.)
LifeForce Yoga is a practice for everyone. If you have a troubled mind and need to relax and find calmness, I highly recommend this program. — Elaine Cook
Amy’s knowledge and lifelong love of yoga show through her teaching. She is kind and provides wonderful instructions on breathing, mantras, and being sensitive to the trauma that a person may have. — Jennifer Jones
I learned even more than I had hoped. Incorporating mantra and mudra within a practice was new for me and I really liked it! I always appreciate the concept of meeting someone where they are, and tying mood to gunas was very meaningful. — Marilyn Peppers-Citizen
Amy is a great presenter and teacher and created a community on Zoom. She was precise, keep to the time constraints, and gave a wonderful experience. — Dawn Balfour
Amyis the founder of the LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute and has been a pioneer in the field of Yoga and mental health for over twenty years. She is the author of Yoga for Depression (Broadway Books), Yoga Skills for Therapists: Effective Practices for Mood Management (W.W. Norton), and numerous articles and book chapters. She offers professional trainings and workshops for mental health and Yoga professionals and speaks at medical and psychological conferences internationally. She is involved in ongoing research on the effects of Yoga on mood. Amy’s evidence-based LifeForce Yoga protocol is in use in healthcare settings worldwide and is featured…
Learn more about Amy Weintraub, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MFA, YACEP