LifeForce Yoga® to Manage Your Mood – Online
with Amy Weintraub, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MFA, YACEP
September 19 - 20, 2020
In this online LifeForce Yoga® workshop, learn the power of an ancient discipline with current scientific findings to help you release what is no longer serving you—without a story attached! Join Amy Weintraub, author of the groundbreaking book Yoga for Depression, to guide you through evidence-based Yoga practices for managing your mood.
You will leave feeling refreshed, renewed, and excited about incorporating new tools into your home, teaching, or clinical practice to bring balance to the emotional and physical body.
- Pranayama and kriya (breathing techniques) that regulate the emotions
- Meditations that lift the mood
- Sankalpa (affirmations)
- Bhavana (guided visualizations)
- Mantras (tones) that manage the emotions
- Mudras (hand gestures) that affect different areas of the chakra system and the body
- Yoga asana suitable for all levels
This program is accessible for all levels, including beginners. Health professionals and Yoga teachers will learn techniques not regularly taught in Yoga classes to help their clients focus, relax, and have greater access to their feelings.
Live sessions with Amy Weintraub on Saturday at 10:30 am–12 pm and 2–3:30 pm and on Sunday at 10:30 am–12 pm EDT.
In addition, you will have access to two recorded Yoga classes with Amy—one for depressed mood and one for anxious mood—and a recorded Yoga Nidra with Amy for mood, as well as the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talk with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7.5 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
- Yoga Therapy: This is one of the elective modules to become certified as an Integral Yoga Therapist
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approved Professional Development (APD) course eligible for IAYT continuing education credits. (It is the students’ responsibility to request a certificate of completion and submit all required documents, hours, syllabus, etc. on the IAYT website.)
Fulfills the prerequisite for the LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training.
Amy was wonderful. I learned so much about meditation and breathing techniques. She taught Yoga that allowed us to meet on the mat in the exact mood we were in. Useful even if you aren’t in the mental health field. — Courtney Little
I have learned a tremendous amount about how Yoga can help manage mood both for myself and for my students. The atmosphere of the training was so inviting and warm, and it was wonderful to embrace the love that was coming from all the “Precious Beings” in the training. I will take away such valuable tools and memories from it all. — Danelle Haymore
LFY blends science and soul. It equips teachers, healers, therapists, and social workers with the knowledge and confidence needed to heal others suffering from mood disorders and trauma. — Lindsey Wrable
Amyis the founder of the LifeForce Yoga Healing Institute and has been a pioneer in the field of Yoga and mental health for over twenty years. She is the author of Yoga for Depression (Broadway Books), Yoga Skills for Therapists: Effective Practices for Mood Management (W.W. Norton), and numerous articles and book chapters. She offers professional trainings and workshops for mental health and Yoga professionals and speaks at medical and psychological conferences internationally. She is involved in ongoing research on the effects of Yoga on mood. Amy’s evidence-based LifeForce Yoga protocol is in use in healthcare settings worldwide and is featured…
Learn more about Amy Weintraub, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MFA, YACEP