with Amy Weintraub, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MFA, YACEP
June 28 - 30, 2019
The author of the groundbreaking book Yoga for Depression guides you through evidence-based Yoga practices for managing your mood. LifeForce Yoga® interweaves the power of an ancient discipline with current scientific findings to help you release what is no longer serving you—without a story attached!
- Pranayama (breathing techniques) and kriya (yogic cleanses) that regulate the emotions
- Meditations that lift the mood
- Sankalpa (affirmations)
- Bhavana (guided visualizations)
- Mantras (tones) that manage the emotions
- Mudras (hand gestures) that affect different areas of the chakra system and the body
- Yoga asanas suitable for all levels
You will leave feeling refreshed, renewed, and excited about incorporating new tools into your home, teaching, or clinical practice to bring balance to the emotional and physical body. This program is accessible for all levels, including beginners. Health professionals and Yoga teachers will learn techniques not regularly taught in Yoga classes to help their clients focus, relax, and have greater access to their feelings.
Fulfills the prerequisite for the LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 12 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA log in information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amy was wonderful. I learned so much about meditation and breathing techniques. She taught Yoga that allowed us to meet on the mat in the exact mood we were in. Useful even if you aren’t in the mental health field. — Courtney Little
I have learned a tremendous amount about how Yoga can help manage mood both for myself and for my students. The atmosphere of the training was so inviting and warm, and it was wonderful to embrace the love that was coming from all the “Precious Beings” in the training. I will take away such valuable tools and memories from it all. — Danelle Haymore
LFY blends science and soul. It equips teachers, healers, therapists and social workers with the knowledge and confidence needed to heal others suffering from mood disorders and trauma. — Lindsey Wrable