Elements of Integral Yoga Hatha: The Ultimate Balancing Act
with Saci Murphy, E-RYT 500
July 28 - 30, 2023
Join us for a weekend workshop to learn about and practice the elements of Integral Yoga Hatha. Hatha Yoga transforms the physical body—our tool for all our goals, activities, and endeavors—by optimizing function and cultivating subtle energies. Ultimately, these same techniques of Hatha Yoga serve as preliminary steps to achieving more profound states of meditation and expanded consciousness.
By becoming aware of how we eat, sleep, move, and talk—even how we think—we can maximize those benefits. Thus, our everyday activities can support the practice that supports our life.
In Sanskrit, “Hatha” means concentrated and continuous effort. In the West, we often say that “Ha” represents the sun and “tha” represents the moon. This alludes to the pairs of opposites in our lives, such as yin and yang, light and darkness, hard and soft, vigorous and gentle. With that, Hatha Yoga is about finding balance. By working with the physical body and releasing stored tensions, you create space in yourself and, through that space and balance, the opportunity for growth.
A regular Hatha Yoga practice:
- Makes both body and mind stronger and more flexible
- Releases tension and trauma stored in the body and the emotions
- Calms the mind, bringing peace
- Creates space in the body and mind where balance and the opportunity for spiritual growth can be found
Hatha Yoga attains a union of mind-body-spirit through:
- Asana (physical postures)
- Pranayama (breathing practices)
- Chanting (attunement through purer sounds and vibrations)
- Mudra & Bandha (seals and locks)
- Deep Relaxation (yoga nidra)
- Kriya (internal cleansing)
This workshop will include:
- Daily in-depth classes in Hatha Yoga, pranayama, and meditation
- Sessions in breaking down the asanas
- Guided relaxations
- Talks on Yogic diet and lifestyle
- Assistance in setting up a home practice that meets your temperament and lifestyle
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email email@example.com.
Saci was a first class teacher. It couldn’t have been easy to teach this training online, especially for the first time. She did it with grace, humor, light-heartedness and always with a high degree of professionalism. And she was always available outside of class to answer questions and offer guidance. I couldn’t have asked for a better teacher. — Past Participant
Saci is a naturally gifted teacher whose warmth and encouragement creates an uplifting and inclusive environment. Her years as a dancer give her a strong foundation in body mechanics and healthy alignment, and her many years as a devoted Yogi give her a deep understanding into the more subtle levels of being, which she readily and easily imparts to her students. Her classes are accessible and fun, and you’ll leave feeling refreshed, balanced and supported. — Claire B.
The depth of knowledge and the enthusiasm that Saci has is beyond compare. She is compassionate, empathetic and an amazing instructor. She gives clear instruction and also is an inspiration to make you want to do more. — Past Participant
Saci Murphy, E-RYT 500, Saci has been teaching all levels and branches of Integral Yoga since 2009. Previously, she enjoyed an eclectic career as a professional dancer, teacher, and choreographer for 25 years. She owned and operated a successful performing arts center and ballet company and developed a software company that pioneered interactive multimedia and training programs internationally. Stepping into the LOTUS temple, the Light Of Truth Universal Shrine at Satchidananda Ashram – Yogaville, was a turning point for Saci. Sri Swami Satchidananda’s universal teaching that there is only one Truth within the many spiritual traditions and practices resonated deeply…
Learn more about Saci Murphy, E-RYT 500