Serve, Love, Meditate at the Yogaville Farm – June
with Integral Yoga Senior Staff
June 8 - 11, 2023
Join us for joyful outdoor Karma Yoga (selfless service) at the Yogaville Farm to rejuvenate with Yoga practices and connect with nature, yourself, and new friends. The Ashram’s organic farm sits adjacent to the peaceful James River and grows produce that is served in the Yogaville kitchen. Rediscover your connection to Nature and the Divine with our experienced staff and volunteers as you Serve, Love, and Meditate at the Yogaville Farm.
Integral Yoga promotes an easeful body, a peaceful mind, and a useful life. Developed by Swami Satchidananda, the path of Integral Yoga uses every aspect of life as a stepping stone to one’s supreme goal—lasting happiness and inner peace. The practices of Integral Yoga, including Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga (path of devotion), meditation, and Hatha Yoga, will help you to realize the peace which is your own true nature.
This program offers:
- Guidance on and opportunities to practice Karma Yoga* at the Yogaville Farm through organic farming
- Meditation, campfire, and storytelling for connecting with one’s inner peace
- Hatha Yoga and Restorative Yoga practices for cleansing and rejuvenation
- Kirtan (chanting of divine mantras) to open the heart
- Guided local ecology trail walk exploring native flora and fauna
- Delicious, vegetarian meals for an enhanced immune system
- Swimming* in the Lotus Lake to cool off after a warm summer day
- Opportunity to go kayaking/tubing* (additional fee)
* Please bring appropriate clothing, sturdy shoes, water bottles for outdoor service, as well as a bathing suit for swimming/kayaking/tubing (if choosing to do so).
What to Expect
Since 1970, Integral Yoga Retreats have provided the sanctuary and solace everyone needs from time to time. Surrounded by a serene woodland landscape, Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville serves as an ideal environment for rest and relaxation while teachers offer experiential classes in Yoga philosophy, meditation, breathing techniques, Yoga postures, and deep relaxation.
During the retreat, you will have the opportunity to seek support and clarification from senior Integral Yoga instructors.
Private mentoring is also available.
All Are Welcome
These retreats are open to everyone, from beginners to advanced Yoga retreatants. Those who are new to meditation or Yoga practices will receive full instruction, while those with experience will have the opportunity to deepen their practice.
Yogaville is a safe haven for my soul. Having this rare and beautiful space to rest, to learn and to connect and to grow is a true gift and I am truly grateful. A true escape from my hectic city life. I finally feel like I can breathe. All parts of me feel alive again. — Elissa Gross