Gentle Somatic Yoga® Level 2 Training: Energy Body (Aura & Chakras), Emotions, and the Whole-Self
with James Knight, E-RYT 200, CHSE
October 11 - 16, 2024
Continue your exploration of Gentle Somatic Yoga® by expanding your knowledge of the subtle energy body. Building upon the foundation of GSY Level 1 training, Level 2 enhances your self-care tool kit to offer even more to yourself and others.
Deepen your understanding of somatics, by exploring the spiritual undercurrents of James’ teachings, gaining valuable insights into energetics, the chakra systems, emotions, and the integration of past traumas. Learn how to maintain emotional and physical balance while facilitating the integration of your whole self in this comprehensive training.
We welcome anyone eager in acquiring new tools to manage their mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. While many participants are movement educators, yoga teachers, yoga therapists, bodyworkers, and healthcare professionals, this course is inclusive to students from all walks of life. If you are feeling drawn to deepen your knowledge of Gentle Somatic Yoga we invite you to join us.
During this week long course learn:
- 29+ additional Somatic Movement Flows®. These stand-alone flows are great for a Home Practice, and/or can be used for creating full-length classes
- Practices inspired by the body-oriented psychotherapy methods of Core Energetics and Bioenergetics to assist in removing defense structures and integrating past trauma stored in the tissues and energy field.
- Explore the teachings of the human body made up of light, energy, and vibration.This training delves into the energy body, with a specific focus on the aura and chakras
Completion of Gentle Somatic Yoga Level 1 training. This can be accomplished through taking GSY L1 self-paced online training. Click LINK for more info.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): 32 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email email@example.com.
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approved Professional Development (APD) course eligible for IAYT continuing education credits. (It is the students’ responsibility to request a certificate of completion and submit all required documents, hours, syllabus, etc. on the IAYT website.)
James, Thank YOU! This work has changed my life and enhanced my yoga practice immeasurably – K Fowler
I love this practice and I love sharing it with my students. Becoming a Gentle Somatic Yoga practitioner has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. – M Postnikoff
This GSY Level 2 Training has rocked my world! I LOVE it! Thank You! – C Skiver
This has been a long-time goal to have the tools of Gentle Somatic Yoga in my teaching and I cannot wait to offer this to my students. Thank you for making this teaching so accessible and adaptable for others. – H Till
What a wonderful five-day experience with each and every one of you at GSY L1 training, at Yogaville! This amazing experience will forever remain in my heart. – J Lyons
James has been an Integrative Therapist for over 25 years. He is a Yoga teacher (E-RYT 200) and Certified Hanna Somatic Educator (CHSE). From his combined experience as a lifelong yogi, intuitive bodyworker, psychotherapist, and movement educator, James created a method of Yoga that integrates what he discovered to be the most progressive, life-enhancing techniques into an embodied movement practice. Gentle Somatic Yoga was born out of years of exploring means of connecting and integrating the deeper aspects of the whole Self (Soma). James’ passion is to awaken the possible for people living with challenges related to physical limitations. He…
Learn more about James Knight, E-RYT 200, CHSE