Introduction to Yin Yoga
with Biff Mithoefer, E-RYT 500 and Eric Archer
November 15 - 17, 2024
Yin Yoga uses long-held postures to support you in accessing the deeper, more Yin (still) parts of yourself. Explore how this ancient yogic practice can promote Qi (flow of energy) through the meridians (energy channels), bringing health to your body and balance to your busy, Yang (active)-life style.
Guided by Biff Mithoefer, author of The Yin Yoga Kit, you will practice Yin Yoga to bring health to your body and balance to your life.
Incorporate Yin Yoga into any Yoga practice by:
- Applying Taoist philosophy
- Following the movement of prana (life energy) in the body and explore how to affect it with Yin Yoga
- Gaining a basic understanding of the Chinese meridian system and its relationship to yogic chakra theory
- Exploring basic anatomical differences that ultimately affect Yoga postures
- Balancing the Yin practices with more Yang-style practices, based on Hatha Yoga and the Taoist tradition
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 14 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you with a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email email@example.com.
I have had the best experience of any past teacher trainings! I feel I have learned to teach with a softer more lenient style and the Ashram opened my heart and mind, actually I had a transformation. I will return and advise my Yoga teachers to attend!—Carol Selei
Not sure? “Leap and you’ll find the net”, a zen saying. This will be the best net you ever landed on. One of the best, more inspiring teachers I’ve ever experienced supported by a team.—Amor McShaw
Biff is a Yin Yoga master. He knows how to share the knowledge without overwhelming you. He has a sense of humor, but incredible depth at the same time. He will introduce you to a vast array of yin philosophy, anatomy and nourish your own inner journey at the same time.—Anjali Davidson
Biff teaches Yin Yoga throughout the US and internationally. He is the author of The Yin Yoga Kit, coauthor of The Therapeutic Yoga Kit, and a founder-director of the Jamste Sponsorship Program for the support of Tibetan refugee children. He is an E-RYT 500 Yoga Alliance registered teacher and has trained and taught extensively with Don and Amba Stapleton, and has studied Yin Yoga and anatomy with Paul Grilley. Biff has studied shamanism with teachers of the Shapibo tradition of Eastern Peru and is a student of cross-cultural shamanism, as taught by Angeles Arrien. See more at biffmithoeferyoga.com
Learn more about Biff Mithoefer, E-RYT 500
Eric is a multi-instrumentalist, visual artist, and poet drawing inspiration from nature and its bounty. He has performed throughout the United States and Europe and is happy to call the Hudson Valley of New York his home. Eric collaborates regularly with Prema Mayi and Radharani during their workshops and frequently accompanies Biff Mithoefer on his Yoga Teacher Trainings. Contributing music to these deeply meditative and educational settings, Eric guides listeners through a collective experience of insights, heartbeats, and breath. See more at ericarcherarts.com
Learn more about Eric Archer