Yoga Teaching Essentials Online Fall 2024
Yoga Teaching Essentials – Fall 2024 – Online
with Swami Ramananda, Diana Meltsner, and Mia Velez
$1300 Early Bird exp. 7/11/2024
$900 for RYT-200
Dates and Times (PDT)
August 11–October 29, 2024
Tuesdays: 5:30–8:30 pm
Sundays: 8:30 am–12:00 pm, 1:30–4:30 pm
3-day weekend: Friday 9/20 5:30 pm–Sunday 9/22 12:30 pm
The Yoga Teaching Essentials course provides a thorough training in developing the skills necessary to become a confident, knowledgeable Yoga instructor. This course is Module 2 of our 2-part format of the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, which includes a new expanded curriculum in anatomy, teaching methodology and professional development. It will provide an in-depth understanding of Hatha Yoga to help establish, expand and refine teaching skills.
The included Practice Weekend will allow participants to explore depths of the Yogic practices and lifestyle. This experience can then become a guide when sharing these profound teachings with others.
Teachers who have completed Yoga Alliance registered 200-hour teacher training in the past are welcome to participate. If you are looking to jumpstart your teaching career, or gain more confidence in the classroom, this is a great option for you. Any participant who has previously completed a RYS 200-hour training with a different school of Yoga, will be certified to teach an Integral Yoga Level 1 – Beginners Hatha Yoga Class upon completion of this module.
- Hatha Yoga – thorough training in asanas and how to teach them with the ability to adapt to the needs of the students, training in the subtle practices and how to teach them to a variety of students, including deep relaxation, pranayama and meditation as presented in the Integral Yoga Hatha classes.
- Anatomy – including physiology, anatomy and biomechanics of the body in asana, and an understanding of benefits and contraindications.
- Teaching Methodology – how to make adjustments, adapt class sequencing and teach Yoga workshops, and much more.
- Practicum – weekly practice teaching sessions with support of our experienced mentoring staff. In our practice sessions, students are guided individually towards the goal of teaching a full class.
- Professional Development – ethical guidelines, scope of practice, practical tips about teaching as a career, tips on continuing learning and professional accreditation.
- Learning online and in-person teaching skills.
Graduates of both Module 1 & Module 2 of our 200-hour Teacher Training are certified to teach Beginner Level Hatha Yoga and are qualified to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT-200.
Teaching a qualifying class and passing 3 written reviews are required for certification:
- Raja Yoga review which can be taken at the end of module 1,
- Midterm Quiz – detailed knowledge of the sequence of the Integral Yoga Level 1 class core poses,
- Final test – review of the Yogic terminology, the sciences of Yoga and basic anatomy.
To complete the course you will be required to pass these reviews, fulfill attendance requirements, and to teach an Integral Yoga Beginners class to your fellow trainees.
All the materials shared online and the recordings of the lectures will be available throughout the training and for 3 months after the graduation.
The Yoga Teaching Essentials course includes free access to all Yoga classes offered at Integral Yoga Institute San Francisco and free access to IYTV, a large and ever-expanding library of recorded Integral Yoga Teachings and classes, throughout the duration of this training!
Support and Community
Graduates of our 200-hour teacher training program may apply to teach at the Integral Yoga Institute. If accepted, they’re eligible for additional free training with a mentor and ongoing continuing education. They can also apply for a variety of graduate-level teacher trainings leading towards RYT 500-hour certification.
The entire course can be completed online. If the current situation allows, we will add some non-mandatory in-person options. We are committed to providing a safe and high-quality program for all participants. Our graduates will develop the necessary skills to teach in-person or online. The Yoga Alliance criteria about teaching trainings online is adapting as we move forward. We have dedicated staff to oversee the online coaching to have personal connections throughout the training.
Reliable Internet access is required to participate in this online training. You must be able to run Zoom on your computer or tablet, and have an active email account for delivery of course materials.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Payment information and Refund Policy:
A $25 non-refundable application fee is applied towards the tuition. After your application has been accepted, you will be prompted to make a payment. If you apply before the early bird pricing expires, you will receive a Promo Code for discounted early-bird price. For RYT 200 teachers, please email us your diploma when you apply for the Module 2 at email@example.com and receive a Promo Code for a discounted price. Full payment is required one week before the start of the program, unless a prior payment plan has been arranged. Once the program begins, the deposit and program tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable. If canceling before the start of the program, the balance will be refunded minus $175 administration fee.
Partial scholarships are available for this training when possible. We accept scholarship applications up to one month prior to the start of the training. BIPOC are encouraged to apply. For information on financial aid and payment plans, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.