Yoga Teaching Essentials – Fall 2023
with Swami Ramanada, Diana Meltsner, Mia Velez and Rashmi Dianne Galliano
Dates & Time
- Sep. 5–Nov. 21, 2023 (Includes Practice Immersion Weekend: Oct. 13–15, 2023)
- $1550.00 (includes $25.00 application fee)
- Early Bird: $1300.00 (exp. Mar. 18, 2023)
- $900.00 for RYT-200
The Yoga Teaching Essentials course provides a thorough training in developing the skills necessary to become a confident, knowledgeable Yoga instructor. This course is Module 2 of our 2-part format of the 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, which includes a new expanded curriculum in anatomy, teaching methodology and professional development. It will provide an in-depth understanding of Hatha Yoga to help establish, expand and refine teaching skills. The included Practice Immersion Weekend will allow participants to explore depths of the Yogic practices and lifestyle. This experience can then become a guide when sharing these profound teachings with others. Teachers who have completed Yoga Alliance registered 200-hour teacher training in the past are welcome to participate. If you are looking to jumpstart your teaching career, or gain more confidence in the classroom, this is a great option for you. Any participant who has previously completed a RYS 200-hour training with a different school of Yoga, will be certified to teach an Integral Yoga Level 1 – Beginners Hatha Yoga Class upon completion of this module.
- Hatha Yoga – thorough training in asanas and how to teach them with the ability to adapt to the needs of the students, training in the subtle practices and how to teach them to a variety of students, including deep relaxation, pranayama and meditation as presented in the Integral Yoga Hatha classes.
- Anatomy – including physiology, anatomy and biomechanics of the body in asana, and an understanding of benefits and contraindications.
- Teaching Methodology – how to make adjustments, adapt class sequencing and teach Yoga workshops, and much more.
- Practicum – weekly practice teaching sessions with support of our experienced mentoring staff. In our practice sessions, students are guided inpidually towards the goal of teaching a full class.
- Professional Development – ethical guidelines, scope of practice, practical tips about teaching as a career, tips on continuing learning and professional accreditation.
- Learning online and in-person teaching skills.
Graduates of both Module 1 & Module 2 of our 200-hour Teacher Training are certified to teach Beginner Level Hatha Yoga and are qualified to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT-200. There are 2 written reviews required for certification: quiz on names, benefits, sequence, and timing of the Integral Yoga Level 1 core poses, and review of the Yogic terminology, the sciences of Yoga and basic anatomy. To pass the course you will be required to complete these reviews, fulfill attendance requirements, and to teach a complete Integral Yoga Beginners class to your fellow trainees. All the materials shared online and the recordings of the lectures will be available throughout the training and for 3 months after the graduation. The Yoga Teaching Essentials course includes free access to all Yoga classes offered at Integral Yoga Institute San Francisco and free access to IYTV, a large and ever-expanding library of recorded Integral Yoga Teachings and classes, throughout the duration of this training!