Kitchen Yogi Program
Practice Integral Yoga while volunteering at the Ashram kitchen and learning about vegetarian cooking and procedures.
You will learn how to cook seasonal vegetarian dishes and prepare ethnic food.
We study and engage in the following Yogic practices—Hatha (asana, pranayama, deep relaxation); Raja (based on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali), Karma (perfection in action); Bhakti (puja, chanting); Jnana (wisdom or knowledge).
Avarage weekly saddhana
- 10 group meditation sessions weekly (5 morning meditations 5 am or 6:20 am, and 5 afternoon meditations 12 pm or 6 pm)
- 5 Hatha Yoga sessions per week, including at least 2 Integral Yoga classes
- Ashram Yogi meeting– Every Wednesday 9 am
- 2 Evening Programs/Classes/Special events per week, including satsang
- Karma Yoga – 21, 27, or 33 hours of meditative service
(may vary depending on Ashram activities)