Farm Yogi Program
Practice Integral Yoga while mindfully serving at our organic farm. We grow and deliver freshly picked organic veggies to the Yogaville kitchen.
We study and engage in the following Yogic practices—Hatha (asana, pranayama, deep relaxation); Raja (based on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali), Karma (perfection in action); Bhakti (puja, chanting); Jnana (wisdom or knowledge).
Avarage weekly saddhana
- 10 group meditation sessions weekly (5 morning meditations 5 am or 6:20 am, and 5 afternoon meditations 12 pm or 6 pm)
- 5 Hatha Yoga sessions per week, including at least 2 Integral Yoga classes
- Ashram Yogi meeting– Every Wednesday 9 am
- 2 Evening Programs/Classes/Special events per week, including satsang
- Karma Yoga – 21, 27, or 33 hours of meditative service
- Getting acquainted with farming basics such as crop planning, seed starting, transplanting, soil preparation, irrigation techniques, handling row covers, trellising, and insect control techniques
- Hands-on work, including weeding, mulching, composting, harvesting crops
- Maintaining farm equipment and facilities
- Coordinating the Yogaville Farmer’s Market
- Successful completion of a month-long Living Yoga Training (LYT) Program or one of the Ashram’s residential Integral Yoga Teacher Training programs.
- A commitment for at least three (3) consecutive months
- A commitment to live according to the Integral Yoga Lifestyle Principles
- Applicants must be able to lift 35 lbs comfortably and to serve in 3-hour shifts
May vary depending on Ashram activities