Program participants are advised to wear clean, loose-fitting, and modest clothing
- Please wear modest tops. If wearing a tank top, please
cover shoulders with a blouse or shirt.
- Tights and Leggings may be worn if covered by tops that
come to or close to the knees.
- Pants should be modest and clean.
- Shorts for both men and women should come to or close
to the knees.
- Short-shorts or miniskirts are not to be worn, even with
leggings or tights.
- If shorts are worn to LOTUS, Chidambaram, or Guru Bhavan,
please cover them with a cloth wrap. These are available at the entryway in the temples. Or, you can use a shawl as a wrap.
- For Satsang and special events, do not wear shorts. Please
dress appropriately for attending a sacred event. White or lightcolored clothing is preferred, but other colors are fine if
modest and clean.
- Shoes are not permitted in Ashram buildings, except in lobbies and kitchen.
- Bare Feet: If you walk outside without shoes, please wash feet
or cover them with socks or slippers when entering buildings.
- Swimwear: Please wear non-revealing modest bathing suits for women and boxer-style trunks for men at swimming areas only.
- Scents: Please refrain from wearing strong fragrances like
perfumes and essential oils.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Alarm clock
- Hatha Yoga Clothes—loose, comfortable, and modest
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, dental items etc.)
- Closed-toed shoes for serving in the kitchen
- Satsang Clothes—Dressier, more formal clothing (many wear white but it is not required)
- Bathing suit for swimming (optional)
- Flashlight (optional)
- Hats—to protect against summer sun or to keep the head warm in the winter (optional)
- Hatha Mat—or a large towel—for classes (optional)
- Slip-on shoes, since we do not wear shoes indoors
- Umbrella (optional)
- Prescribed medication enough for the entire stay
- Epinephrine (EpiPen) if you’ve experienced severe allergic reactions in the past
PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
- Alcohol, illegal drugs, and tobacco (abstention from alcohol, illegal drugs, and tobacco applies on and off grounds during your participation in the LYT program)
- Projects or anything that may draw your attention away from your inner journey
- Any more items than are needed for a month’s stay. Space is limited and rooms must be kept clean and neat. Storage space is limited
Thank you for your cooperation in helping to maintain a yogic environment here at the Ashram.