Ashram Yogi Program
An opportunity to practice Integral Yoga and volunteer at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville.
Ashram Yogi programs are for seekers who are enjoying their spiritual journey and want to go deeper into the Integral Yoga teachings and practices.
We study and practice the following Yogic approaches:
Action through selfless service without attachment to the results of the action.
Weekly sadhana (spiritual practice)
|Activity||Sessions per week||Morning Meditations||5 to 7||Afternoon or Evening Meditations||5 to 14||Group Hatha Yoga||5 to 14||Yoga Philosophy Classes||1||Satsang (community gathering)||1|
- Date – Flexible
- Duration – 2 months or more
- 3 organic vegetarian meals per day
- Skill Level – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
- Tuition – free if serving full-time (around 30 hours per week)
- Accommodation – dorm (two people per room) or camping – no children or pets
- learn vegetarian cooking and procedures
- cook seasonal
- prepare ethnic food
- learn farming basics such as crop planning, seed starting, transplanting, soil preparation, irrigation techniques, handling row covers, trellising, and insect control techniques.
- hands-on work including planting, weeding, mulching, composting, and harvesting.
Farm to Table
- combine Farm and Kitchen Yogi Programs to experience the complete food cycle.
- plant, grow, harvest, clean, cook, and serve healthy nutritious meals.
Service in various Ashram departments including:
- guest services
- satsang crew
- and other departments