The LYT (Living Yoga Training) Program is a complete immersion into the Integral Yoga Teachings. It is designed for people who wish to live in a Yoga community, for at least a month, with the intention of deepening their spiritual, mental, emotional and physical well being, while learning to live harmoniously with others. This program requires physical endurance and emotional adaptability while participating in the following:
DAILY Sadhana (practice):
- Group Meditation ~ 10 per week
- Hatha Yoga ~ 5 Classes per week
- Seva (service) ~ 24, 31 or 38 hours of service, including two kitchen cleanups each week. Determined by the financial arrangement made prior to entering the LYT Program. All LYTs enter the Program under arrangement #1, 24 hours of SEVA.
“The LYT Program was wonderful. At first, ten mediations felt like a lot, but by the end of the month they didn’t feel like enough. 5 am was so difficult at first, but now it’s my favorite time to meditate. I also loved the Karma Yoga. It just felt so peaceful. And the teachers are very deep and compassionate so I got a lot more from the classes than expected.” Amena S.
WEEKLY Classes & Meetings:
- Scripture Classes ~ Scripture classes are offered on a variety of subjects: Hatha, Raja, Karma, Bhakti; interfaith scripture study, Sri Swami Satchidananda’s contribution to world peace.
- LYT Meeting & Sharing ~ This is a time for LYTs to communicate needs and make schedule changes. When one delves into spiritual practices and resides in a group living situation, obstacles may arise. The LYT sharing is an opportunity to discuss such challenges and reflect on our goals.
- Satsang (spiritual gathering) ~ Each Saturday evening the Ashram community gathers for Satsang – a time for all of us to come together in the light of these Yogic teachings.
“Before coming to Yogaville I had no idea about the eight fold path. But after all the spiritual study, yoga classes and meditation practices I have a much better understanding of what yoga is really about. I still consider myself a beginner, but I do feel that I have all the tools necessary to further explore the eight branches and incorporate them in my daily life. Thank you Yogaville.” Frea V.
PREVIOUS GUEST STAY REQUIRED
If you have never stayed at Yogaville, it will be necessary to attend a Welcome Weekend. Upon acceptance into the LYT Program, the LYT office will make the Welcome Weekend reservation for you. Upon completion of the Welcome Weekend, you will receive a discount on your LYT Tuition.