Yoga for Strong, Healthy Bones – Online
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
October 17 - 18, 2020
Discover how Yoga asanas can help to build and maintain strong bones.
A 10-year study by Dr. Loren Fishman demonstrated an increase in bone mineral density and improved bone quality with regular practice of 12 Yoga poses. Yoga asanas also improve your balance, posture, strength, range of motion, and coordination, greatly reducing the risk of fracture.
This online workshop will include:
- Complete instruction in the 12 Yoga poses for osteoporosis
- Guidance in adapting the poses to your level
- Instructions on how to progress safely in the practice
- Guided relaxation for assimilating the benefits of the poses and reducing stress
- Guidelines for daily practice at home
Live sessions with Satya on Saturday at 9 am–12 pm and 2–4 pm and on Sunday at 9–11 am EDT.
In addition, you will have access to the Ashram’s Live Hatha Yoga classes at 5 pm, recorded Ashram meditations, and inspiring talk with Sri Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Continued Support After the Program
To help maintain a regular home practice, you will have access to Satya’s:
- Video of a complete Hatha Yoga practice that includes the 12 osteo poses
- Video of the 12 osteo poses
- Video of a guided deep relaxation with pranayama
- Handouts of the 3 levels of each pose to download
- Personal guidance and support
This program provides practical tools and inspiration to give you the skills and confidence to continue a safe, effective Yoga practice for health and strength.
You will have access to the video recordings for 12 weeks after the program ends, until January 10, 2021.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Always kind and generous with her time and goodwill! She certainly knows how to have people feel included and comfortable. She’s an excellent instructor/teacher. Expectations clearly stated and paced according to her knowledge of how people learn best without stress! Supports all students! — Elizabeth H.
Satya Greenstone’s class guides one through a specific Yoga practice that is safe and effective in maintaining bone health. Satya’s teachings are clear, gentle, and complete. She is radiant light and passionate about helping people to have optimum health and bone health in particular. — Past Participant
When I completed this class, I was empowered to follow a simple routine that will, over time, transform my bone strength leading me toward a healthy future. I highly recommend this class. — Past Participant
Satya Greenstone has been a student of Sri Swami Satchidananda since 1971. She has shared the teachings of Integral Yoga® in many diverse settings with students of all ages and backgrounds and combines a natural, practical, down-to-earth approach to Yoga with a gentle humor. Since 1999 she has been a primary teacher for the 200-hour and the Intermediate Integral Yoga Teacher Training programs. While serving as teacher training coordinator, she helped to develop and teach the first Gentle Yoga Teacher Training program. She has also developed and currently teaches training programs in Restorative Yoga, Adaptive Yoga, and Yoga and Meditation…
Learn more about Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT