Yoga for Low Back Pain – Online
with Loren M. Fishman, M.D., B.Phil. (Oxon.)
August 29 - September 27, 2020
All-day Saturday and Sunday
Aug. 29–30 and Sep. 26–27, 2020
In this online workshop, Dr. Fishman will explain seven basic causes of low back pain and teach you how to identify the proper one, relieve the pain it produces, and also how to avoid the things that bring on pain in the first place.
This course is designed to help participants with their own back pain, aid them in understanding and alleviating back pain in others, and in using Yoga in ways that relieve and prevent future back pain. This straightforward approach uses anatomy but requires no previous study. Because the course is online, you’ll learn to teach the important poses by virtually teaching one another, which may be a novel approach for you, but one that has been successfully used before in many cases.
Back pain can bewilder even seasoned therapists. This is partially because back pain and sciatica are symptoms and rational treatment requires finding the cause!
Dr. Fishman has seen more than 20,000 patients with back pain, written five books on Yoga for back pain, and a large number of academic papers. Dr. Fishman and Liz Larson do webinars every week, and have perfected a technique for giving individual attention over the Internet.
On each day, you will have access to:
- Live sessions with Dr. Loren Fishman at 9–11:30 am and 2–4:30 pm EDT
- Integral Yoga Hatha videos and 5 pm Live Yoga classes
- Meditation videos
- Inspirational talk videos by Sri Swami Satchidananda
In addition, you will have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Assistant: Liz Larson
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 20 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approved Professional Development (APD) course eligible for IAYT continuing education credits. (It is the students’ responsibility to request a certificate of completion and submit all required documents, hours, syllabus, etc. on the IAYT website.)
I feel so much more informed about what Yoga poses help for the different causes of lower back pain. — Carol Murray
Balance is the word here. There was no indoctrination or proselytism, just lots of knowledge and wisdom. Great for all ages, ethnicities, all walks of life. — Pierre Constans
The program was excellent and extensive—totally loaded with good info! — Past Participant
Dr. Fishman is extremely knowledgeable and intent on being helpful. — Past Participant
Dr. Fishman is Medical Director of Manhattan Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in New York City, author of ten books and more than 90 academic articles, and a world-recognized pioneer in the use of Yoga in medical conditions and the treatment of lower back pain and piriformis syndrome. He spent three years in India before going to medical school and has used Yoga to reverse the deficits of rotator cuff syndrome, straighten the scoliotic spine, actually strengthen osteoporotic bones, and aid in medical conditions as diverse as insomnia, obesity, and restless leg syndrome. Other non-surgical interventions relieve plantar fasciitis, arrest the development…
Learn more about Loren M. Fishman, M.D., B.Phil. (Oxon.)