Yoga for Strong, Healthy Bones
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
July 16 - 19, 2020
Discover how Yoga asanas can help to build and maintain strong bones.
A 10 year study by Dr. L. Fishman demonstrated an increase in bone mineral density and improved bone quality with regular practice of 12 Yoga poses. Yoga asanas also improve your balance, posture, strength, range of motion, and coordination, greatly reducing the risk of fracture.
This workshop will include:
- Complete instruction and practice of Dr. Fishman’s 12 poses for bone strength and health
- Guided relaxation for assimilating the benefits of the poses
- Restorative Yoga practices for stress reduction
- Principles of yogic diet that support overall health and strength
- Balanced Integral Yoga lifestyle and practices for health and happiness
Take home tools and confidence to continue a safe, effective Yoga practice for health and strength.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 12 contact hours. You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Satya Greenstone’s class guides one through a specific Yoga practice that is safe and effective in maintaining bone health. Satya’s teachings are clear, gentle and complete. She is radiant light and passionate about helping people to have optimum health and bone health in particular. — Past Participant
When you complete this class, you will leave empowered to follow a simple routine that will, over time, transform your bone strength leading you toward a healthy future. I highly recommend this class. — Past Participant
Satya emanates an authentic love and shares that love with the students. She was very clear, compassionate and concise. — Past Participant
Always kind and generous with her time and goodwill! She certainly knows how to have people feel included and comfortable- She’s an excellent instructor/teacher. Expectations clearly stated and paced according to her knowledge of how people learn best without stress! Supports all students! — Elizabeth H.
Satya Greenstone has been a student of Sri Swami Satchidananda since 1971. She has shared the teachings of Integral Yoga® in many diverse settings with students of all ages and backgrounds and combines a natural, practical, down-to-earth approach to Yoga with a gentle humor. Since 1999 she has been a primary teacher for the 200-hour and the Intermediate Yoga Teacher Training programs. While serving as teacher training coordinator, she helped to develop and teach the first Gentle Yoga Teacher Training program. She has also developed and teaches training programs in Restorative Yoga, Adaptive Yoga, and Yoga and Meditation for Children. In…
Learn more about Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT