Ayurveda and Cooking: Recipes for a Healthy Life
with Letícia Padmasri, M.A., E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
November 12 - 15, 2020
Discover the benefits of Ayurveda and learn to cook Ayurvedic recipes in this experiential workshop in which you will explore cooking lessons and taste food that is medicine. Ayurveda is a five-thousand-year-old natural system of healing that originated in India and is a preventative and holistic approach to health. As opposed to the Western approach of treating only symptoms, Ayurveda addresses the root cause of disease. Following Ayurvedic principles restores the mind and body to a balanced state in which symptoms naturally fade away.
Food is one of Ayurveda’s core tools for healing and healthy living. Living an Ayurvedic life is all about balance, and there are several ways to cultivate this balance through cooking. Learn to practice conscious cooking and eating as a meditative experience.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- Basic Ayurvedic philosophy, including theories of the gunas, doshas, ritucharya, and dinacharya
- How to cook with spices to enhance digestion and use food as medicine
- Proper diet that includes all six tastes
- How to set up your kitchen as an Ayurvedic kitchen
- Helpful tips for food preparation
- To prepare a recipe for each meal, a snack, a dessert, and an energy drink
Although we will be cooking and tasting Ayurvedic food as medicine during this workshop, all main meals will be served at the dining hall.
When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need.—Ayurvedic proverb
If you already have a foundation of Ayurveda from a previous program and are only able to attend Friday–Sunday, please contact the presenter directly: [email protected]
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 14 contact hours. You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
This workshop came at a perfect time to help my understanding of energy and its connection to nature. Leticia Padmasri brought knowledge, grace, and awareness of gunas and doshas. —Judith Knight
Padmasri is delightful. She lives what she teaches. Her heart is full and she’s very knowledgeable. Her light and love are inspiring. — Mollie Robertson
I wish I could spend a month with Leticia learning about Ayurveda. Leticia is truly a master of her craft. I only wish I could stay longer. — Brianna Patten
Letícia Padmasri is an Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consultant, a certified Advanced Integral Yoga® Hatha teacher, and a certified Raja Yoga teacher. She holds a bachelor’s degree in exercise science, a master’s degree in education, and has dedicated many years towards the study of exercise physiology. She combines her love for the sciences of Yoga and Ayurveda with her interest in the body’s structure and function, helping students of all levels adapt their practices to achieve optimal health and total well-being. In addition to being one of Yogaville’s primary teacher trainers, she also offers workshops and seminars in the US and Brazil.…
Learn more about Letícia Padmasri, M.A., E-RYT 500, C-IAYT