Taking Back Your Power: Finding Strength in a World of Conflict
with Swami Vidyananda, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
November 20 - 22, 2020
Discover how Yoga can teach you to reclaim your inner power and peace in a rapidly changing world. Learn concrete, simple Yoga tools to build resilience, including gentle asanas (Yoga postures) to reduce anxiety, pranayama (breathing practices) to release stress, and mental techniques to stay balanced and relaxed.
It often feels like the world is out of balance and seeing the news can create feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. Yoga can help you know when and how to act, and how to conserve our energy to be effective agents for positive change in the world.
This workshop will include:
- Easy Yoga stretches and relaxation to help reduce anxiety and exhaustion
- Comfortable breathing techniques for portable stress release
- Simple mental attitudes to keep your inner balance
- Tips to help let go of the day and get a good night’s sleep
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours. You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Swami Vidyananda is a profound thinker and a very insightful teacher. It is a privilege to attend any of her lectures. — Sumeeta Saxena
Informative supportive environment to explore emotional life and coping/learning techniques of resilience with Yoga. — Kathleen L.
Swami Vidyananda’s way of showing the teachings of Integral Yoga along with her experience and stories makes it all so accessible. It’s a blessing to be in her presence. — Nieda P.
Swami Vidyananda is so fun and spontaneous. She made meditation into something even I can do and showed how to use it in daily life. — Program Participant
Swami Vidyananda began practicing Yoga in 1969 and has been teaching Integral Yoga® and training Yoga teachers since 1973. She became a swami (monastic) in 1983. She has taught and trained Yoga and meditation teachers throughout the US and Canada, as well as Australia, Europe, and India. She presently lives at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville, VA, where she teaches all branches of Integral Yoga, including Hatha, Raja, and Jnana Yoga, meditation, and yogic lifestyle. She continues to travel widely, training Yoga teachers and offering workshops on meditation, stress management, Yoga and the emotions, and mid-life meaning. Before becoming a Yoga teacher, Vidyananda…
Learn more about Swami Vidyananda, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT