Yin Yoga Training – Module 2
with Biff Mithoefer, E-RYT 500
October 18 - 23, 2020
Immerse yourself in this Yin Yoga training to envision our journey as humans and teachers through the archetypes of Warrior, Healer, Teacher, and Visionary. Learn to hold space for your students, perceive energy, develop unique strengths, engage in intentional sharing, and through these archetypal figures, relate to the parts of ourselves that we all share.
This training includes:
- The practice of holding space
- Body and energy literacy: deepening our range of perception, learning to follow our inner teacher, and supporting others to do the same
- Embodiment: grounding your teaching in your body
- Collaboration and community: encouraging mutual support and peer learning, taking our practice into the world
- Self-realization and creativity: exploring and developing our unique strengths and styles as teachers
- Personal growth and mindfulness: identifying and addressing our blind spots and “growing edges” as teachers
- The use of story, poetry, and metaphors to invite a deeper somatic experience
Since the beginning of humankind’s adventure here on Earth, indigenous societies throughout the world have sought guidance through their relationship with archetypal figures.
In this workshop, you will explore the connection between these archetypes and the Taoist understanding of the relationship between Yin and Yang. As you look within this relationship of Yin and Yang, you can see how important the balance between your Yang Warrior nature and your Yin Healer nature, your Yin Teacher nature and your Yang Visionary nature, is for the equanimity of your students and yourself. You will use the tools of Yin Yoga, body meditation, and intentional sharing to help you experience these archetypes in yourself.
By opening to the wisdom of your own body, you will begin to feel where you may be out of balance. Does your strong Warrior nature lack the heart of the Healer? Does your heart’s path lack the power of the Warrior? As a teacher, are you open to your students finding their own path, or are you attached to the outcome of your teaching? Like the Visionary, can you see and tell the truth without blame or judgment, or are you wrapped too tightly in your own stories?
If you can’t stay for the week-long training, join Biff for the weekend workshop, Introduction to Yin Yoga.
And if you’d like to dive deeper into your study of Yin Yoga, join Biff for Yin Yoga and Storytelling–Module 3 November 29-December 3.
This training is a stand-alone training open to anyone who has taken Taoism, Anatomy, and Sequencing (Yin Yoga Level 1 Training), as well as to any dedicated Yoga students or teachers who are interested in deepening their practice. It is suitable for teachers and dedicated practitioners. You don’t need to be a teacher or even experienced in Yin; just come with an open heart and a willing mind.
To create and hold a safe space for peaceful acceptance is the privilege of the Yin teacher. In this 50-hour training, we’ll look at ways through which we can best support our students in their own journeys as we explore creative and collaborative approaches to teaching and learning.
Introduction to Yin Yoga or Module/Level 1 Yin Teacher Training (Taoism, Anatomy, and Sequencing). If you haven’t studied with Biff before, please get a copy of The Yin Yoga Kit, familiarize yourself with the basic concepts, and do some of the practices in the book or CD.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 50 contact hours. You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, [email protected]
To receive a certificate of completion, Biff will ask each student to complete an additional 10 hours of independent study during the 30 days following the training. After completing the independent study, each student will communicate their experience to him by mail or email. Your communication won’t be judged or graded, but Biff will answer all correspondence and send a certificate of completion in a 50-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training.
- Biff Mithoefer is absolutely sensational. The training and experience was life changing. — Past Participant
- If you are at a place in your life where you find yourself straining and struggling to be “perfect”, drop everything and do this program! — Angela M.
- Biff was intelligent, articulate, entertaining, and a delight to learn from. — Jennifer Morrison
Biff teaches Yin Yoga throughout the US and internationally. He is the author of The Yin Yoga Kit, coauthor of The Therapeutic Yoga Kit, and a founder-director of the Jamste Sponsorship Program for the support of Tibetan refugee children. He is an E-RYT 500 Yoga Alliance registered teacher and has trained and taught extensively with Don and Amba Stapleton, and has studied Yin Yoga and anatomy with Paul Grilley. Biff has studied shamanism with teachers of the Shapibo tradition of Eastern Peru and is a student of cross-cultural shamanism, as taught by Angeles Arrien. See more at biffmithoeferyoga.com
Learn more about Biff Mithoefer, E-RYT 500