Yoga Nidra Training and Certification – Level 1
with Julie Lusk, E-RYT 500, M.Ed.
August 21 - 26, 2020
Yoga Nidra Training will give you the tools and resources needed to lead others effectively in Yoga Nidra. Gain the know-how and confidence needed to offer Yoga Nidra for groups and individuals. You will be able to help your clients and students relax, increase body-mind awareness, make positive behavior changes, heal emotional and physical upsets, and enhance self-understanding.
Yoga Nidra, or “yogic sleep,” is a comprehensive practice for going far beyond deep relaxation to a place of natural peace and quiet that is tremendously healing for the body, mind, and spirit.
Yoga Nidra is based on Yoga teachings and backed by contemporary science. Studies have shown that Yoga Nidra can boost the immune system, lower blood pressure, decrease pain, and improve other health conditions. Regular practice can improve memory, concentration, and relieve anxiety and depression. Using a sankalpa (self-selected resolve) during the fertile brain wave states experienced during Yoga Nidra makes it possible to clear out useless habits and bring about positive and durable changes to one’s personality and life. Yoga Nidra is fundamental to a complete Hatha Yoga session and can also be done as a separate practice on its own.
If circumstances prevent you from taking the full training, you have the option to take Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief, August 21–23, 2020. The weekend workshop is part of Level 1 training.
You may also stay longer and dive deeper into the Yoga Nidra Training and Certification – LEVEL 2, August 28–September 2, 2020.
Level 1 Objectives:
- Learn the essential principles, practices, and benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Understand Yoga Nidra’s heritage and its ties to Yoga and contemporary science
- Understand the benefits, risks, and ethics of leading Yoga Nidra
- Develop the five sequential levels of relaxation: learn their distinguishing characteristics, their benefits, and how to experience each one
- Learn how to help others experience progressive levels of awareness that correspond to the layers of one’s self (koshas) that conceals one’s true Self
- Learn to lead relaxation techniques, specialized breathing methods, guided imagery, mindfulness, and other mind-body techniques used in Yoga Nidra
Discover how to help clients develop positive, personal characteristics and bring a meaningful purpose to one’s life by setting and using a self-selected resolve (sankalpa) during certain stages of Yoga Nidra
- Know how to select music and to create the right atmosphere
- Be equipped at handling distractions
- Develop voice quality, wording, sequencing, timing, and pacing
- Experience Yoga Nidra firsthand and receive its benefits personally
- Practice leading others to gain the skills needed for your classes, clients, and students
- Get your questions answered
Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief by Julie Lusk. New Harbinger Publications, 2015.
If you don’t have this book already, you may purchase it upon your arrival or click here.
Additional training materials will be provided.
None. This training is appropriate for Yoga teachers, therapists, healthcare professionals, pastors, and other helping professionals. You do not have to be a Yoga teacher to complete this training.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 38 contact hours. You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
I am a registered nurse and I came to Yoga Nidra teacher training to learn how I can help people with stress reduction. I learned a lot more in the process: I found a wealth of support and information that went beyond my initial goal and gave me clarity and direction in my personal life. — Neli Ramirez
This was more than just a class. It was a life-changing experience that will stay with me in my teaching and personal practice. — Nancy McMahon
Julie Lusk is an amazing presenter, very clever, always to-the-point. She provided a lot of interesting information and gave us a lot of time to practice. — Ilona Pisarelu
Julie has over 35 years of expertise in stress relief, Yoga, relaxation training, guided imagery, and meditation as an international author, recording artist, and workshop leader. Julie is the author of Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief, Yoga Meditations, two volumes of 30 Scripts for Relaxation, Imagery, and Inner Healing, and Desktop Yoga®. Her CDs include Wholesome Relaxation, Power of Presence, Blue Moon Rising, and many others. The retreats, trainings, and seminars she presents are relaxing, reflective, and revitalizing. She is talented in bringing the best out in others through her depth of knowledge, natural lightheartedness, and caring…
Learn more about Julie Lusk, E-RYT 500, M.Ed.