Raja Yoga Teacher Training
with Swami Karunananda, E-RYT 500
July 13 - August 2, 2020
For Yoga teachers and health professionals.
Enrich your teaching and personal practice with Raja Yoga, the science of meditation based on self-mastery. Raja Yoga presents the philosophy and psychology of Yoga in a systematic way, guiding one to greater peace and balance in life and spiritual realization.
The entire world is yearning for peace. The one enduring solution is to experience peace in our own hearts and then express it in our lives. Raja Yoga provides a comprehensive approach to attain that goal that addresses all aspects of life: physical, mental, social and spiritual. It is a pathway to freedom from all sorrow, suffering, and delusion. It is a means to actualize your inner potential for greater health, happiness, and fulfillment in life.
Raja Yoga Teacher Training provides a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in these subtle and profound teachings and learn how to skillfully share them with others.
The curriculum includes:
- An in-depth exploration of the Yoga Sutras
- Instructions on how to incorporate the teachings into daily life
- Opportunities to deepen your Hatha Yoga, pranayama and meditation practice
- Training in answering questions and leading discussions
- Syllabus for teaching a seven-week Raja Yoga course
Daily meditation practice for at least six months and a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training certification that includes an introductory Raja Yoga course.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 165 contact hours. You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
- Integral Yoga 300-hour: 165 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- Yoga Therapy: Approximately 165 hours. This is one of the required modules to become certified as an Integral Yoga Therapist
Swami Karunananda is a master of the subject matter… she is a living example of how to walk the path of Raja Yoga. — Past Participant
Swami Karunananda really inspires with her deep, intricate knowledge of the Yoga Sutras and with her experience in controlling the mind. She helped me see how I could become more committed to controlling my own mind. — Heather Nolen
Whenever taking a course with Swami Karunananda, you know you are in the presence of a master teacher. In addition to the excellence of the content, something is transmitted which is almost beyond words, including her deep commitment to the teachings and students, her deep love and compassion. I’m very grateful for all the wisdom she imparts. — M. Sraddha Cole
Swami Karunananda, is a senior disciple of Sri Swami Satchidananda. In 1975, she was ordained as a monk into the Holy Order of Sannyas. She has been teaching all aspects of Yoga since 1971, and specializes now in workshops, retreats, and teacher training programs that focus on the science of meditation, the philosophy of Yoga, personal transformation, and Yoga breathing techniques for better health and wellbeing. In 1989, she developed and has taught, the Integral Yoga® Teacher Training programs in Raja Yoga and in Meditation. Swami Karunananda served as president of Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville in Virginia and in California, as well…
Learn more about Swami Karunananda, E-RYT 500