Raja Yoga Teacher Training
with Swami Karunananda, E-RYT 500
July 13 - August 2, 2020
For Yoga teachers and health professionals.
Enrich your teaching and personal practice with Raja Yoga, the science of meditation and spiritual realization. During this training, you will study the Yoga Sutras, apply these powerful teachings to your daily life, and learn how you can skillfully share these subtle concepts with your students.
Raja Yoga provides us a guide to freedom from worldly suffering and delusion. It explores the nature of suffering from philosophical and practical perspectives and presents a clear, structured path to spiritual liberation. This training is for Yoga teachers who wish to deepen their understanding and experience of the broad and profound benefits of Yoga.
- An in-depth exploration of the Yoga Sutras
- Instructions to incorporate these teachings into daily life
- Opportunities to deepen your Hatha Yoga, pranayama, and meditation practice
- Training in answering questions and leading group discussions
- A syllabus for teaching a six-week Raja Yoga course
Any 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training certification that includes an introductory Raja Yoga course and an ongoing daily meditation practice for at least six months.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 165 contact hours. You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected]
- Integral Yoga 300-hour: 165 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- Yoga Therapy: Approximately 165 hours. This is one of the required modules to become certified as an Integral Yoga Therapist
Swami Karunananda is a master of the subject matter… she is a living example of how to walk the path of Raja Yoga. — Past Participant
Swami Karunananda really inspires with her deep, intricate knowledge of the Yoga Sutras and with her experience in controlling the mind. She helped me see how I could become more committed to controlling my own mind. — Heather Nolen
Whenever taking a course with Swami Karunananda, you know you are in the presence of a master teacher. In addition to the excellence of the content, something is transmitted which is almost beyond words, including her deep commitment to the teachings and students, her deep love and compassion. I’m very grateful for all the wisdom she imparts. — M. Sraddha Cole
Swami Karunananda, is a senior disciple of Sri Swami Satchidananda. In 1975, she was ordained as a monk into the Holy Order of Sannyas. She has had over 40 years experience teaching all aspects of Yoga and specializes now in workshops, retreats, and teacher training programs that focus on the science of meditation, the philosophy of Yoga, personal transformation, and Yoga breathing techniques for better health and wellbeing. She developed, and for over 25 years has taught, the Integral Yoga® Teacher Training programs in Raja Yoga and in Meditation. Swami Karunananda served as president of Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville in Virginia and…
Learn more about Swami Karunananda, E-RYT 500