iRest Yoga Nidra Immersion
with Robin Carnes, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MBA
May 14 - 17, 2020
For everyone, especially Yoga teachers and health professionals
Learn the practice of iRest Yoga Nidra meditation during this Immersion Program.
iRest Yoga Nidra is a research-based meditation, relaxation, and healing protocol that enables you to deeply calm your nervous system, integrate difficult thoughts and emotions and awaken to your essential nature. iRest meditation is an excellent personal practice as well as an adjunctive practice for healthcare and healing professionals. Research shows that iRest effectively reduces stress, insomnia, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, and post-traumatic stress disorder and enhances joy, equanimity, and well-being.
During this workshop, you will:
- Learn the 10-step iRest protocol to enhance your personal meditation practice
- Explore how to integrate the practices of iRest into daily life
- Foster well-being and resiliency to better manage stress and anxiety
- Experience BodySensing in movement
- Practice BreathSensing for increased energy and relaxation
- Learn to skilfully meet difficult emotions and beliefs in daily life
- Access an inner resource of well-being, ease, security, and peace
- Awaken to your essential wholeness
- Experiment with playful, improvisational movement, sound, and art activities to reflect on what opens up within yourself when actions flow spontaneously from your essential wholeness
This iRest Yoga Nidra Immersion fulfills the short retreat requirement of the iRest Certification Program.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 15 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected]
If you’re looking for a way—a way to be the best you (that) you can be, or find your way home: iRest is a path…Sourcing self is a gift that keeps on giving. The Self is waiting. — Julie Alter
Beautiful immersion in experiencing iRest. Wonderful combination of fun and learning and experience. — Past Participant
Excellent program and awesome facilitator. Robin Carnes and Lauren without question made the experience the best. I am learning how important the iRest practices are to open us to be receptive, welcoming the creativity of our inner self, and of course more. — Jody Blankenship
I appreciated the personal aspects of the program, the support of staff, and the organization. Yogaville is a great place to rest, rejuvenate, and learn so I can go out into the world to do what I need to do. — Connie Johnson
Robin is well recognized as a pioneer and innovator in the field of mind-body therapies for trauma and related conditions. Her work has been featured in The Washington Post, Woman’s Day Magazine, Yoga Journal, Army Magazine, The Huffington Post, Defense.gov, and Yoga International. She presents regularly at conferences and lectured at the National Defense University. Robin appears in the award-winning documentary, Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue America’s Healthcare. In 2013, The Smithsonian Institute recognized Robin for bringing Yoga and meditation to military communities. Since 2012, she has a private Yoga therapy practice, working mainly with civilians who suffer from…
Learn more about Robin Carnes, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MBA