Adaptive Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
March 22 - April 1, 2020
For Yoga teachers and health professionals
Yoga is for every body, regardless of shape, size, or ability level. Join Satya Greenstone to learn how to make the sacred practice of Yoga accessible to all students of varying levels and abilities.
This ten-day course teaches you to adapt the Integral Yoga practices to meet the needs of any individual. You will explore the essential benefits of each asana and determine how to best implement them without strain—regardless of your students’ physical, mental, or emotional conditions.
This training explores:
- Adaptations of asanas (postures)
- Chair Yoga (helpful for students with limited mobility or space)
- Gentle warm-ups and stretches
- Safe and effective prop use
Adaptive Yoga gives us the tools to reach various populations that may not have had access to the benefits of Hatha Yoga. In addition to Yoga studios, Adaptive Yoga classes can be offered in senior centers, rehabilitation facilities, recreation centers, hospitals, churches, and community centers.
An Adaptive Yoga class provides all the benefits of the basic Integral Yoga class at the level that the individual student is capable of practicing. You will learn to create safe, comfortable Yoga sessions and study how to accommodate people with limited mobility, students in private classes, and practitioners of various levels in group classes.
200-hour Integral Yoga Teacher Training or the equivalent. Certified Teachers from other traditions may also apply for consideration.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 88 contact hours. You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
- Integral Yoga 300-hour: 88 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- Yoga Therapy: This is one of the required modules to become certified as an Integral Yoga Therapist
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approved Professional Development (APD) course eligible for IAYT continuing education credits. (It is the students’ responsibility to request a certificate of completion and submit all required documents, hours, syllabus, etc. on the IAYT website.)
Satya held such a large healing and supportive space for us. She teaches from the heart and leads me to my heart while “sneaking” lots of “academia” in under the radar. When you fully show up, and sometimes just barely at that, you’re blessed with knowledge, support, and growth. — Past Participant
This is my second training with Satya. She is knowledgeable and interesting. She knows her stuff. The teaching manual was excellent and well-thought-out. I would definitely like to take another training with her. — Past Participant
Satya Greenstone has been a student of Sri Swami Satchidananda since 1971. She has shared the teachings of Integral Yoga® in many diverse settings with students of all ages and backgrounds and combines a natural, practical, down-to-earth approach to Yoga with a gentle humor. Since 1999 she has been a primary teacher for the 200-hour and the Intermediate Yoga Teacher Training programs. While serving as teacher training coordinator, she helped to develop and teach the first Gentle Yoga Teacher Training program. She has also developed and teaches training programs in Restorative Yoga, Adaptive Yoga, and Yoga and Meditation for Children. In…
Learn more about Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT