Bringing Yoga Therapy into Hospitals and Academia
with M. Mala Cunningham, Ph.D., C-IAYT
March 12 - 15, 2020
For everyone, especially Yoga teachers and health professionals
Are you a Yoga teacher or Yoga therapist seeking to bring Yoga into an academic or hospital environment? Join Dr. Mala Cunningham to learn planning strategies, marketing tactics, negotiation techniques, interviewing skills, and important formulas to successfully implement your ideas into a hospital environment or academic setting. Develop the confidence and skills to successfully “approach, enter, and succeed”.
In this program, you will learn how to:
- Format a comprehensive Yoga Therapy Business Plan
- Develop networking opportunities
- Write an effective and professional proposal
- Hone your Interviewing Skills and sell your idea
- Negotiate a salary
- Increase referrals from medical providers
Anyone interested in teaching Medical or Therapeutic Yoga in an academic or hospital setting is welcome to attend.
Completion of the online component is needed before the in-person course. Tuition does not include Online Component.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): 40 total training hours = 17 hours in person + 23 hours online component
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- International Association of Yoga Therapy (IAYT): Approved course for IAYT continuing education credits.
The presenter is an Approved Professional Development (APD*) Provider through IAYT. Those taking this program for APD hours/credits will need to complete an additional section of online training to receive a 40-hour certificate of completion for this course. If you need additional information on the on-line part of the training please contact M. Mala Cunningham, Ph.D., at [email protected].
- Integral Yoga 300-hour: 18 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your in-person program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
I highly recommend Dr. Mala Cunningham’s course. She is a brilliant teacher and imparts the information in the most interesting and useful way! Those who took her course in Gibraltar absolutely loved it. We had amazing, positive comments from all participants. — Nalanie Chellaram
Mala was a wonderful, open, sharing soul. Thank you. — Shannon Krammes
Mala’s skill, knowledge, professionalism, and accessibility exceeded my expectations. — Past Participant
Mala Cunningham is a Counseling Psychologist and Certified Yoga Therapist in Charlottesville, VA. She is an Assistant Professor at the University of Virginia School of Nursing where she teaches courses in Foundations of Medical Yoga for Health Professionals. Dr. Cunningham is also the president of Positive Health Solutions and is the founder and director of Hospital Bed Yoga and the Cardiac Medical Yoga Teacher Training Program. She is also the co-director of Medical Yoga at the University of Virginia and is involved in several Yoga-based initiatives, including a research study exploring the impact of Medical Yoga on lupus patients. She…
Learn more about M. Mala Cunningham, Ph.D., C-IAYT