Joint Resolution: Yoga for Knees and Hips
with Madhavan Mark Wolz, RYT 500, C-IAYT
October 18 - 20, 2019
Knees and hips play a crucial role in the easeful movement of the human body. Learn how to keep them strong, light, and limber during this enlightening weekend with Madhavan. This experiential workshop combines asana (posture), pranayama (breathing practices), and mindfulness to help you develop healthy joint function in your daily life.
In this workshop, you will:
- Explore how the joints function
- Discover ways to improve body alignment
- Practice asanas that address specific conditions in the hips and knees
- Build strength and create space for movement through Yoga practice
This workshop is designed for Yoga teachers who want to help their students avoid injury, health care practitioners who are looking to add to their therapeutic repertoire, and anyone in need of joint rehabilitation. This program is open to all levels of experience with Yoga.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours. You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Mark is a knowledgeable teacher who clearly defined the terminology and was thorough in ensuring everyone moved at the same pace; he covered all the material with practical and physical examples for deepening [one’s] practice. Wonderful class! — Courtney Gastins
Madhavan was very clear, concise, and he clarified all questions! — Past Participant
The experience and openness of the instructor were valuable. — Past Participant
Madhavan has been teaching Yoga and meditation for 16 years, with a concentration on therapeutic benefits and everyday applications. He also teaches and practices astrology, with an emphasis on using our charts to reflect on ourselves. Mark is particularly fond of teaching workshops because he finds participants learn better when they are actively engaged. He holds a B.S. in psychology and an M.A. in anthropology and Southeast Asian studies. Mark is committed to cultivating individual and collective responsibility as we reach toward conscious healing for ourselves and the planet. See more at dharmarising.com
Learn more about Madhavan Mark Wolz, RYT 500, C-IAYT