Midweek Seminar: Yoga for Strong Bones
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT
September 10 - 12, 2019
Yoga has been shown to enhance bone health and strength. In this workshop, you will learn safe and proven methods for reversing and avoiding osteoporosis and osteopenia, the precursor to osteoporosis. Dr. Fishman’s Method, consisting of 12 Yoga poses, has been proven to increase bone density for students with osteoporosis or osteopenia and prevent bone loss in people without those diagnoses.
Join us to discover how Yoga can help you build and maintain strong bones.
This midweek seminar includes:
- Complete instruction and practice of Dr. Fishman’s 12 poses for bone strength and health
- Guided relaxation for assimilating the benefits of the poses
- Restorative Yoga practices for stress reduction
- Principles of yogic diet that support overall health and strength
- Balanced Integral Yoga lifestyle and practices for health and happiness
Midweek Seminars not only offer special lectures to help you deepen your practice, but also allow the time, space, and guidance to relax and go within. This is the perfect opportunity to embrace the quiet of the Ashram and the knowledge of its teachers.
Join the daily schedule, take classes in your area of interest, enjoy the natural setting and sacred spaces, and connect with like-minded people.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 6 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Satya is patient and knowledgeable. She provides a very calm experience. — Edna Smith
Satya Greenstone embodies Yoga. Any opportunity to be in her presence will bring your practice to another level. — Margaret Ralph
Satya Greenstone has been a student of Sri Swami Satchidananda since 1971. She has shared the teachings of Integral Yoga® in many diverse settings with students of all ages and backgrounds and combines a natural, practical, down-to-earth approach to Yoga with a gentle humor. Since 1999 she has been a primary teacher for the 200-hour and the Intermediate Yoga Teacher Training programs. While serving as teacher training coordinator, she helped to develop and teach the first Gentle Yoga Teacher Training program. She has also developed and teaches training programs in Restorative Yoga, Adaptive Yoga, and Yoga and Meditation for Children. In…
Learn more about Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT