Total Yoga Nidra Immersion Experience
with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Ph.D., C-IAYT
June 7 - 9, 2019
Registration, check-in, and orientation: Friday evening
Program starts on Saturday morning
Immerse yourself in the nourishing, restorative, and transformative practice of Yoga Nidra, or yogic sleep. The practice of Yoga Nidra provides an experience of altered states of consciousness—essentially meditative experiences—which can be used therapeutically to enhance creativity and productivity, promote healing, and improve sleep.
Through theory and practice you will:
- Experience a variety of Yoga Nidra practices
- Enjoy Total Yoga Nidra—a unique approach to Yoga Nidra that is inspired by multiple traditions
- Learn about the history, science, philosophy, and structure of Yoga Nidra
- Discover how to use sankalpa (intention) and mantra (sound) in Yoga Nidra
- Become empowered to deepen your own intuitive practice of Yoga Nidra beyond the limits of standard trademarked and traditional form
- Explore Yoga Nidra in relation to liminality, sleep, dreams, memory, hypnosis, and creativity
Through the Total Yoga Nidra Immersion, you will have the opportunity to discover the full spectrum of approaches to Yoga Nidra and gain a deeper understanding of the practice.
A self-contained, retreat-style immersion, this workshop covers all the fundamentals of Total Yoga Nidra and serves as a prerequisite for the Total Yoga Nidra Teacher and Facilitator Training.
Try before you register: FREE Total Yoga Nidra
Uma highly recommends that you listen to her Total Yoga Nidra “To Nourish Every Dimension of Being”
Other Total Yoga Nidra audio files by Uma and others are available here.
Includes: 6 hours of Techniques, Training, and Practice; 2 hours of Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle, and Ethics; 1 hour of Teaching Methodology, and 1 hour of Anatomy and Physiology
None. This course is ideal for anyone interested in Yoga, meditation, or Yoga Nidra. Yoga teachers trained in any tradition are welcome.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA log in information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
* Submit Uma’s course by entering it through the non-YACEP pathway in your teacher account. You do not need to upload a completion certificate. Instead, you will enter Uma’s name, description of the course, number of hours, and the educational category. You may contact Yoga Alliance Member Support team for assistance at [email protected]
It was an enormous privilege to be able to be on the receiving end of teachings delivered with passion and wisdom. The whole experience was nourishing personally—I felt uplifted for days—and it gave me food for thought about the benefits of experiential learning through immersing oneself in the practice. I felt that it was embodied rather than taught and I plan to take these ideas into my own teaching.
The whole course was absolutely fantastic. I came away feeling overwhelmingly pleased that I had attended. Every aspect was great, but the feeling of being so well looked after, safe, and supported was amazing.
It was transformational and I have come away full and deeply inspired.
— Past Participants
Uma discovered Yoga in 1969, at the age of four, and fell in love. She’s been practicing ever since, teaching Yoga since 1994 and a practicing as a Yoga therapist since 2001. Uma created Total Yoga Nidra, which weaves the best of various styles and traditions of Yoga Nidra in a radical, creative, and intuitive way. She also co-founded the Yoga Nidra Network as a means to make these practices freely available worldwide. She has special expertise in Yoga therapy for women’s health and has written four books on Yoga for women, including Yoni Shakti. She teaches internationally, is certified…
Learn more about Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, Ph.D., C-IAYT