Finding Your Voice, Opening Your Heart: The Transcendent Power of Mantra
with Gita Zember, RYT 500
May 11 - 13, 2018
Find your inner voice as you tread along the devotional path of Bhakti Yoga. Join Gita Zember of Gita’s Dream Kirtan to discover how mantra can open your heart to the sacred mysteries of the divine.
Experience the power of sound as you explore Sanskrit (the ancient language of Yoga), mantra (repeated divine sound), and kirtan (chanting of sacred sounds). In this workshop, you will learn how to incorporate the tools of Bhakti Yoga into your daily practice to more intimately connect with the divine.
Join us this weekend to explore beyond the mat and learn to:
- Understand, pronounce, and use mantra, including kirtan and japa mantra (mantra repetition as a meditation technique)
- Honor and celebrate through puja (sacred worship ceremonies)
- Tap into your own voice and inner vibration with Gita’s Finding Your Voice and Vibration Workshop
- Utilize the potential of the ancient Sanskrit alphabet for invigorating different areas of the brain and evoking powerful vibrations
Beginners to chanting are welcome.
As part of the morning practice during this workshop, you will also have the opportunity to explore Swakriya Yoga. Swakriya Yoga is based on the concept that only one force is moving everything, and thus divinity is present everywhere, in every movement. ‘Swakriya’ literally means the ‘movement’ (kriya) of ‘I’ (swa)—the Supreme Self in the form of movement. In Swakriya Yoga there are different movements, mantras, breathing processes, and postures which accelerate the process of awakening to the truth that the divine is within us here and now, in each and every movement.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email [email protected]
Gita is a living example of the transformative power of mantras. Her passion is evident in her teaching, kirtan leading, and activism. It’s always a pleasure to chant with and learn from Gita. You’ll leave feeling inspired and open-hearted, and will probably catch yourself singing in Sanskrit when you least expect it! — Elizabeth
When Gita Zember chants you can feel the devotion through her voice and heart. She chants as much as she can around DC, MD, VA, along with an occasional tour in the Midwest. She started chanting when it became an integral part of her work with children with special needs and hasn’t been able to stop. She never had a harmonium lesson or a workshop on how to lead kirtan, but was lead by her heart to just do it and see if anyone showed up. Over 6 years of leading kirtan, creating the DC Kirtan Festival, touring with her…
Learn more about Gita Zember, RYT 500