Introduction to Yin Yoga
with Biff Mithoefer, E-RYT 500
October 26 - 28, 2018
Guided by Biff Mithoefer, author of The Yin Yoga Kit, you will practice Yin Yoga to bring health to your body and balance to your busy, Yang-style life. Yin Yoga uses long-held postures that support you in accessing the deeper, more Yin parts of yourself.
Explore how this ancient yogic practice can promote the flow of prana (life) through the meridians (energy channels) of your deep Yin core.
Learn how to incorporate Yin postures and philosophy into any Yoga practice by:
- Applying Taoist philosophy
- Following the movement of prana (life energy) in the body and explore how to affect it with Yin Yoga
- Gaining a basic understanding of the Chinese meridian system and its relationship to yogic chakra theory
- Exploring basic anatomical differences that ultimately affect Yoga postures
- Balancing the Yin practices with more Yang-style practices, based on Hatha Yoga and the Taoist tradition
If you’d like to dive deeper into your study of Yin Yoga, join Biff for Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Module 1.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 14 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biff was wonderful. The music and chanting were very enjoyable.
I had never studied Yin Yoga and I found the class very informative, compassionate, and personally beneficial.
I admire the facilitator and love the environment.
Biff was amazingly approachable, funny, human and connected.
— Past Participants
Biff teaches Yin Yoga throughout the US and internationally. He is the author of The Yin Yoga Kit, coauthor of The Therapeutic Yoga Kit, and a founder-director of the Jamste Sponsorship Program for the support of Tibetan refugee children. He is an E-RYT 500 Yoga Alliance registered teacher and has trained and taught extensively with Don and Amba Stapleton, and has studied Yin Yoga and anatomy with Paul Grilley. Biff has studied shamanism with teachers of the Shapibo tradition of Eastern Peru and is a student of cross-cultural shamanism, as taught by Angeles Arrien. See more at biffmithoeferyoga.com
Learn more about Biff Mithoefer, E-RYT 500