Yoga for Teens Certification Program
with Erin Lila Singh, RYT 500
July 4 - 8, 2018
This comprehensive Yoga for Teens certification course focuses on how Yoga can serve as a transformative life practice for teens by fostering their physical, mental, social, and emotional development.
The program is suitable for Yoga teachers, school teachers, social workers, therapists, parents, and anyone who wants to make a difference in the lives of youth. While the training includes guidance on teaching teens in various settings, it emphasizes teaching and managing Yoga classes in the school environment.
Learn teen-specific ways to:
- Approach asanas, class themes, and sequences
- Teach breathing, meditation, and stress management techniques
- Instruct Yoga philosophy and its ethical principles
- Work with at-risk and underserved populations
- Discuss self-confidence, healthy body image, anger management, and forgiveness
- Outline basic nutrition—the Yoga of eating
- Make Yoga fun, engaging, and relevant for today’s youth
- Inspire selfless service
Additionally, you will explore ways to help teens develop mindfulness in daily life and cultivate positive belief systems using affirmations. You will learn techniques for cultivating community, trust, and connections among students.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 34 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email [email protected]
Lila was very compassionate, precise, thoughtful, and visionary in her approach to Yoga for teens. — Dr. Ram Bhagat
Lila was absolutely amazing! This was the best professional development training I have been to in 16 years of teaching. Life-changing and transforming! — Farah Allen
I feel called to work with teens. I can’t believe how specifically USEFUL every minute of the course was. — Vanessa North
I thought the instruction was amazing! She alternated between lecture and activity. It kept it interesting and fun. And she shared a lot of personal experience. It was terrific! — Elizabeth Dunn Shifter
Erin Lila Singh received beginning and intermediate teacher certification through Integral Yoga and completed training for teaching at-risk teens through the Lineage Project. She has worked with youth for over ten years, teaching Yoga and meditation to hundreds of youth in schools, studios, and incarceration facilities. She moved to San Francisco in January of 2012, where she now serves as the executive director of RISE Yoga for Youth.
Learn more about Erin Lila Singh, RYT 500