iRest Yoga Nidra Immersion Program
with Robin Carnes, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MBA
May 17 - 20, 2018
iRest Yoga Nidra is a research-based meditation, relaxation, and healing protocol that enables you to deeply calm your nervous system, integrate difficult thoughts and emotions, and awaken to your essential nature. iRest meditation is an excellent personal practice as well as an adjunctive practice for healthcare and healing professionals. Research shows that iRest effectively reduces stress, insomnia, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, and post-traumatic stress disorder and enhances joy, equanimity, and well-being in daily life.
Through experiential practice and dynamic dialogue you will:
- Learn the 10-step iRest protocol to enhance your personal meditation practice
- Explore how to integrate the practices of iRest into daily life
- Foster well-being and resiliency to better manage stress and anxiety
- Experience BodySensing in movement
- Practice BreathSensing for increased energy and relaxationLearn to skillfully meet difficult emotions and beliefs in daily life
- Access an inner resource of well-being, ease, security, and peace
- Awaken to your essential wholeness
- Experiment with playful, improvisational movement, sound, and art activities to reflect on what opens up within yourself when actions flow spontaneously from your essential wholeness
This iRest Yoga Nidra Immersion fulfills the short retreat requirement of the iRest Certification Program.
This program is open to everyone—both newcomers and experienced iRest practitioners alike—wishing to sample the fullness that iRest has to offer for health, healing, and wholeness of being.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 16 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email [email protected].
I re-discovered my heartfelt desire. I learned how to accept, be open, to flow with life in an authentic way. iRest provides the tools for living, for awakening our Presence to life. — Katherine King
The iRest course staff, the Ashram staff, Ashram, and classes were amazing. I am grateful for this time here and look forward to returning soon. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and selfless service. — Stacy Fischer
I came because I am very well familiar both with iRest and Robin Carnes and had high expectations which were fully met. Yogaville was a pleasant surprise. There is peace all around, in people as well as in the beautiful natural setting. I am sure to return. — Milena Orchard-Hayes
I am an iRest teacher and know both the material and the presenter well. I needed personal R&R. I got that and much more. It was all delightful.
— 2017 Program Participants
Robin is well recognized as a pioneer and innovator in the field of mind-body therapies for trauma and related conditions. Her work has been featured in The Washington Post, Woman’s Day Magazine, Yoga Journal, Army Magazine, The Huffington Post, Defense.gov, and Yoga International. She presents regularly at conferences and lectured at the National Defense University. Robin appears in the award-winning documentary, Escape Fire: The Fight to Rescue America’s Healthcare. In 2013, The Smithsonian Institute recognized Robin for bringing Yoga and meditation to military communities. Since 2012, she has a private Yoga therapy practice, working mainly with civilians who suffer from…
Learn more about Robin Carnes, E-RYT 500, C-IAYT, MBA