Laugha Yoga® 3-Day Leader Certification
with Bharata Wingham, E-RYT 200, CLYT
March 16 - 18, 2018
A fun way to awaken yourself and others to the love of laughter
Laugha Yoga is an ancient, new idea for reconnecting us to our true Self. Through Yogic Laughter sessions, Laugha Nidra® (guided deep relaxation following the laughter), pranayama (yogic breathing practices) and meditation we can reach a profound level of peace, joy and relaxation.
In this program you will:
- Play freestyle “laughter games,” which release endorphins and T-Cells to produce immediate and profound boosts to your mood, immunity, health, creativity and confidence levels
- Discover why prolonged intentional laughter, a simple technique that has been overlooked for centuries, is being recognized again as a therapeutic method (first publicized in the West by Norman Cousins in his book Anatomy of an Illness)
- Learn how to use laughter as a form of social medicine spreading social health to the world
- Receive a Laugha Yoga Leader’s Manual, downloadable zip file filled with printable handouts of laughter benefits, writings and audio/video
- After completion, enjoy a 90% discount for six months with Dr. Madan Kataria’s worldwide Laughter Yoga Pro Zone
Early registration: 2 pm; Program start time: 4 pm
Reviewing without manual and CD: $135
Graduates receive a certificate to lead Laughter Yoga Sessions (Certified Laughter Yoga Leader – LYL1) after completion of the weekend.
Continuing Education Opportunity
Program participants are eligible for 15 Yoga Alliance training hours.
Read an article by Bharata in Hektoen International Journal published by the Hektoen Institute of Medicine about how medical science is discovering the how laughter can be very beneficial to the overall health of people.
Fitness Magazine declared laughter as one of the 5 top priorities for a healthy lifestyle. “Laughter RX: At least 30 minutes every day…could chase away the blues.” And quoting Hinduism Today, about the founder of 150 laughing clubs in India,”…the good doctor has popularized ancient yoga breathing and posture that exercises all 32 facial muscles… opens the breathing, builds self-confidence and even alleviates high blood pressure and arthritis.”
Well, most of us already felt that laughter was very good for us without it being scientifically proven. We just knew it! But, it is nice to have science prove that such a simple practice, regularly undertaken, can have such wonderful benefits.
Ha! Ha! Thanks! I’m holding you – and Yogaville, responsible for this sudden life change! I was a completely introverted photographer and professor at VA Tech before showing up at your door! LOL! Crazy how life turns out! Thanks! [Later] Teaching laughter yoga tomorrow at NASA!!! Just found out I’m in the large auditorium with 74 engineers! NOOOOOOO idea how my calm quiet life turned into this! LOL!
Since taking your workshop, a new spirit surrounds me. My family and co-workers see it… seriously! I laugh all day long without the logical mind chatting it up. I talk about it as much as I can… and have my co-workers chanting VERY GOOD VERY GOOD YAY! Yep… even at staff meetings.
I feel fortunate I got a chance to learn the laughter skills from one of the best!!
I work with seniors, and I wanted methods to help give the seniors permission to laugh. I got it.
This program was recommended by my wife. It made for a wonderful couples weekend.
Most valuable aspect was Bharata’s spiritual depth—I expected to learn “how to” I found the spiritual connection very enriching and didn’t expect it.
I need more access to joy and happiness in my life—this is it!
— Past Participants