Introduction to Yin Yoga
with Biff Mithoefer, E-RYT 500
October 27 - 29, 2017
Guided by Biff Mithoefer, author of The Yin Yoga Kit, you will bring health to your body and balance to your busy, Yang-style life. Yin Yoga uses long-held postures that support you in accessing the deeper, more Yin parts of yourself.
Explore how this ancient yogic practice can promote the flow of Qi (energy) through the meridians (energy channels) of your deep Yin core.
You will learn how to incorporate Yin postures and philosophy into any Yoga practice by:
- Applying Taoist philosophy
- Following the movement of prana (life energy) in the body and explore how to affect it with Yin Yoga
- Gaining a basic understanding of the Chinese meridian system and its relationship to yogic chakra theory
- Exploring basic anatomical differences that ultimately affect Yoga postures
- Balancing the Yin practices with more Yang-style practices, based on Hatha and Taoist tradition
You can also choose to join Biff for the five-day Yin Yoga Teacher Training – Module 2
Click here to register
Biff was amazing, authentic, caring, warm, and open—a channel of light! — Past Participant
Biff was amazingly approachable, funny, human, and connected. — Past Participant
Biff is a Yin Yoga master. He knows how to share the knowledge without overwhelming you. He has a sense of humor, but incredible depth at the same time. Biff will introduce you to a vast array of Yin philosophy and anatomy and nourish your own inner journey at the same time. — Anjali Davidson