LifeForce Yoga Practitioner Training for Depression and Anxiety – Level 1
with Amy Weintraub, E-RYT 500, MFA, YACEP, C-IAYT, Rose Kress E-RYT 500, LFYP-2, YACEP, LFY Educator and Rickie Simpson, LCC, Ph.D., E-RYT 200, LFYP-2, C-IAYT
September 10 - 17, 2017
LifeForce Yoga is an empowering, evidence-based Yoga protocol to help your students and clients focus, relax, and have greater access to their feelings. These strategies can safely release chronic physical tension and repressed emotion and are appropriate for a clinical setting. This training interweaves ancient yogic wisdom with current findings in neurobiology.
Through practice, discussion, and teaching demonstrations, you will:
- Tailor Yoga sessions for dysthymia (chronic depression), anxiety-based depression, PTSD, and bipolar disorder
- Learn breathing and meditation practices for addressing dysthymia and anxiety-based depression
- Explore somatic strategies to add to your clinical practice / Yoga classes that increase your clients’ self-awareness, self-acceptance, self-esteem, and ability to cope
- Discuss techniques that your clients and students can do at home
In the process of learning, you will also be practicing tools for self-care.
Please read Amy Weintraub’s Yoga for Depression before the course.
- Recommended reading: Amy Weintraub’s Yoga Skills for Therapists
- Recommended practice: LifeForce Yoga® CD/DVD series, including Breathe to Beat the Blues and LifeForce Yoga® to Beat the Blues Level 1 and Level 2
Books are available for purchase online at Integral Yoga Distribution.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 66 contact hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 66 contact hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact [email protected] for details.
- Contact [email protected] for mental health CEU’s
My patients can now experience the same effects as many medications without having to actually take medication! — Deborah Lubetkin, PSY.D., LFYP
I utilize the LFY techniques in both a classroom setting and one-on-one environment. The skills have infused my teachings with compassion, mindfulness, and awareness. — Kat Larsen, CYT, LFYP
This program has changed so much—my self-image and my life. My own heart’s desire is 100% clear. I gained tools to help myself and others to live life fully. — Marcia Siegel, Yoga teacher, therapist