Yoga for Teens Certification Program
with Erin Lila Singh, RYT 500
August 23 - 27, 2017
This comprehensive Yoga for Teens certification course focuses on how Yoga can serve as a transformative life practice for teens by fostering their physical, mental, social, and emotional development.
The program is suitable for Yoga teachers, school teachers, social workers, therapists, parents, and those who want to make a difference in the lives of youth. While the training includes guidance on teaching teens in various settings, it emphasizes teaching and managing Yoga classes in the schools.
Learn teen-specific ways to:
- Approach asanas, class themes, and sequences
- Teach breathing, meditation, and stress management techniques
- Instruct Yoga philosophy and its ethical principles
- Work with at-risk and underserved populations
- Discuss self-confidence, healthy body image, anger management, and forgiveness
- Outline basic nutrition—the Yoga of eating
- Inspire selfless service
Additionally, you will explore ways to help teens develop mindfulness in daily life and cultivate positive belief systems using affirmations. You will effectively be able to teach your students how to build community, trust, and connections.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 34 training hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 21 contact hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline.
Please contact [email protected] for details.
This was such a fun training! I learned a lot of practical skills and games. It was helpful for me to see how Lila structures her classes. There is so much more to Yoga than asanas. — Erin Haddock
I was the only teen in this training group of amazing teachers, and they treated me with so much respect and made me feel like I was one of them. The community here is so strong and supportive, and I have learned more than I could have ever imagined. Yogaville is truly a heaven on Earth. — Vaish Gundavaram