Restorative Yoga Teacher Training – 2017
with Satya Greenstone, E-RYT 500, C-IYAT
June 2 - 11, 2017
These poses can be offered to students low in energy, or during times of stress, illness, healing, or crisis. They enable students to receive the asana’s benefit without exerting physical effort.
Topics covered in this teacher training course include:
- Balanced sequences of supported poses for general relaxation, stress reduction, and special needs
- Safe and effective prop use and maintenance
- Incorporation of restorative poses into a regular Hatha Yoga practice or class
- How to instruct and adjust students in restorative poses
- Yoga Nidra: supported relaxation poses
- Supported poses for enhancing pranayama practice
- Other healing aspects of Yoga
All props will be supplied for your use and practice during the course. Due to the nature of the practice, enrollment is limited to twenty students.
200-hour Integral Yoga Hatha Teacher Training or its equivalent.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 80 contact hours
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 80 contact hours
- Healthcare and Related Disciplines: Although CMEs are not offered, a certificate documenting CE hours may be available for your discipline. Please contact [email protected] for details
Satya held such a large healing and supportive space for us. She teaches from the heart (and leads me to my own) while sneaking in academia under the radar… [Her students are] blessed with knowledge, support, and growth. — Past Participant