Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief
with Julie Lusk, E-RYT 500, M.Ed.
September 15 - 17, 2023
Discover the essential principles, practices, and benefits of Yoga Nidra, or “yogic sleep”. Go far beyond deep relaxation to a place of natural peace and quiet that is tremendously healing for the body, mind, and spirit. Yoga Nidra reliably reveals and awakens your inner reservoir of intuitive understanding and unconditional joy.
Learn progressive relaxation skills, specialized breathing techniques, guided imagery, and mindfulness to easily create a deep meditative state and discover unique skills for handling stress and tension.
Yoga Nidra is based on Yoga teachings and backed by contemporary science. Yoga Nidra is fundamental to a complete Hatha Yoga session and can also be done as a separate practice on its own. It is gratifying and exhilarating.
In this workshop, you will:
- Experience six amazing levels of relaxation to replenish your energy and activate creativity and intuition using pratyahara (sensory withdrawal)
- Clear out useless habits, bringing about positive and permanent changes in your personality and life by using sankalpa (self-selected resolve)
- Boost the immune system, regulate blood pressure, decrease pain, and improve other health conditions
- Improve memory and concentration, and relieve anxiety and depression with regular practice of Yoga Nidra
- Feel truly refreshed: One hour of Yoga Nidra practice is equal to four hours of sleep
This workshop is part of the 40-hour Yoga Nidra Training and Certification Level 1, a deeper study and practice of Yoga Nidra on September 15–20, 2023.
Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief by Julie Lusk. New Harbinger Publications, 2015.
Yoga Nidra Meditations: 24 Scripts for True Relaxation by Julie Lusk. Llewellyn, May 2021.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 8 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Julie was an outstanding instructor. I gained so much from her varied techniques and was able to reach sustained deep meditative states for the first time. A great experience. — Lee Helfrich
Julie’s authenticity shines through. She is a very skilled practitioner of Yoga Nidra. She encourages students to be curious and open to the Yoga Nidra experience without expectation, so they can listen intuitively and dig deeper into what is inside. — Lee Diamond
This was my first opportunity to experience Julie Lusk as a presenter. The Yoga Nidra workshop helped me to return to my daily practice. Her knowledge, wisdom, and experience on this topic are exceptional. — Joni Giconi, E-RYT
Julie Lusk specializes in balancing and strengthening the body-mind-spirit connection through Yoga, meditation, constructive relaxation, and guided imagery as an international author, recording artist, and workshop leader. Julie is the author of Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief, Yoga Meditations, two volumes of 30 Scripts for Relaxation, Imagery, and Inner Healing, and Desktop Yoga®. Her CDs include Sleep Well: Yoga Nidra, Wholesome Relaxation, Power of Presence, Blue Moon Rising, and many others. Her newest book is Yoga Nidra Meditations: 24 Scripts for Total Relaxation. She is talented in bringing the best out in others through her depth of knowledge,…
Learn more about Julie Lusk, E-RYT 500, M.Ed.