Release Unhealthy Perfectionism and Embrace Your Worthiness – Online
with Sampada Desai, M.A., LPC, E-RYT 500, CLYL, CLYT
December 3 - 4, 2022
It is our birthright to live joyously, yet too many are bound by the chains of maladaptive perfectionism. At the root of this epidemic are irrational beliefs about success and failure, fear of making mistakes, approval-seeking, and deep-seated unworthiness. Unhealthy perfectionism drains energy and reduces happiness, and, if unchecked, may cause chronic procrastination, anxiety, and depression. With her wisdom, experience and playfulness, Sam will lovingly teach ways to release and transform maladaptive perfectionism to healthy perfectionism. Embrace your inherent worthiness through mindful activities that generate unconditional self-regard, relaxation, laughter, and peace.
- Learn about the difference between maladaptive and adaptive perfectionism
- Learn skills to transform maladaptive perfectionism to healthy perfectionism
- Explore your relationship to making mistakes; examine your fear of making mistakes
- Learn to forgive yourself for your mistakes; see mistakes as growth opportunities
- Examine your beliefs about success and failure and learn to release the irrational ones
- Examine your relationship with yourself and how that affects your life
- Learn to love and celebrate your imperfect self and develop unconditional positive regard
- Generate self-acceptance and inner joy through mindfulness activities that involve reflection, changing perspective, deep breathing, laughter meditation, positive imagery, heartfelt movement, and deep relaxation
This workshop is perfect for: those wanting to live joyfully without the suffering from maladaptive perfectionism; approval seekers with unrealistic standards for self and/or others; those fearful of making mistakes; those who suffer from unworthiness that leads to feeling flawed; those who are unaccepting of imperfection — their own or that of others; those who want to help others live joyfully.
Live sessions on Saturday at 9:30 am–12 pm and 2–5 pm, and Sunday at 9:30 am–12 pm ET.
You will have access to the video recordings for 8 weeks after the program ends, until January 29, 2023.
In addition, you will have access to recorded Integral Hatha Yoga classes, meditations, and inspiring talks with Swami Satchidananda. You will also have access to an online social community to connect and communicate with other participants about this course.
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 8 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email [email protected].
Sam was a wise and compassionate presenter. She led us to create a safe space for sharing. The intellectual information was coupled with physical practice which truly equipped us to do more than learn self-compassion —we embodied it. Now we can go on and practice it. — Maureen Shanahan Anderson
I really appreciated Sam’s down-to-earth style. Also, she practices what she preaches —just laughing light-heartedly when a slide froze. She covered a lot of useful material while still allowing us to share and connect. Most importantly, the concepts covered in the class are priceless. Worth taking again. — Kimberly Lynn Boss
Sam was a wonderful leader, making us all feel safe and at home to share or not share. We made a very real emotional connection even though we could not be together in person. Thank you Sam. Thank you Yogaville. — Maureen Shanahan Anderson
Sam is a licensed professional counselor with training in clinical psychology and 30 years of psychotherapeutic experience. Additionally, she is trained as a certified laughter leader and teacher trainer. She currently works as a psychotherapist at Centra Health in Lynchburg, Virginia, and maintains a private practice at her agency, Desai Counseling and Yoga. An experienced and compassionate Yoga teacher, she routinely teaches Yoga at her studio, local colleges, and other community organizations. A gifted and engaging speaker, Sam brings to her workshops a unique blend of Western psychology and Eastern mindfulness practices including Yoga, meditation, deep relaxation, healing imagery, conscious breathing,…
Learn more about Sampada Desai, M.A., LPC, E-RYT 500, CLYL, CLYT