Yoga Nidra Training and Certification LEVEL 1
with Julie Lusk, E-RYT 500, M.Ed.
September 9 - 14, 2022
This program is moving Online for dates in 2023. Please join the waitlist to be notified when new dates are scheduled
For everyone, especially Yoga teachers and health professionals
Yoga Nidra Training and Certification Level 1 will give you the tools and resources needed to lead others effectively in Yoga Nidra. Gain the know-how and confidence needed to offer Yoga Nidra for groups and individuals. You will be able to help your clients and students relax, increase body-mind awareness, make positive behavior changes, heal emotional and physical upsets, and enhance self-understanding.
Yoga Nidra, or “yogic sleep,” is a comprehensive practice for going far beyond deep relaxation to a place of natural peace and quiet that is tremendously healing for the body, mind, and spirit.
Yoga Nidra is based on Yoga teachings and backed by contemporary science. Studies have shown that Yoga Nidra can boost the immune system, lower blood pressure, decrease pain, and improve other health conditions. Regular practice can improve memory, concentration, and relieve anxiety and depression. Using a sankalpa (self-selected resolve) during the fertile brain wave states experienced during Yoga Nidra makes it possible to clear out useless habits and bring about positive and durable changes to one’s personality and life. Yoga Nidra is fundamental to a complete Hatha Yoga session and can also be done as a separate practice on its own.
If circumstances prevent you from taking the full training, you have the option to take the weekend workshop Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief, Online in 2023. The workshop is part of this Level 1 training.
The Level 1 training is a prerequisite for Yoga Nidra Training and Certification LEVEL 2, Online in 2023, also being held at Yogaville.
Level 1 Objectives
- Learn the essential principles, practices, and benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Understand Yoga Nidra’s heritage and its ties to Yoga and contemporary science
- Understand the benefits, risks, and ethics of leading Yoga Nidra
- Develop the five sequential levels of relaxation: learn their distinguishing characteristics, their benefits, and how to experience each one
- Learn how to help others experience progressive levels of awareness that correspond to the koshas (layers of one’s self) that conceal one’s true Self
- Learn to lead relaxation techniques, specialized breathing methods, guided imagery, mindfulness, and other mind-body techniques used in Yoga Nidra
- Discover how to help clients develop positive, personal characteristics and bring a meaningful purpose to one’s life by setting and using a sankalpa during certain stages of Yoga Nidra
- Know how to select music and to create the right atmosphere
- Be equipped at handling distractions
- Develop voice quality, wording, sequencing, timing, and pacing
- Experience Yoga Nidra firsthand and receive its benefits personally
- Practice leading others to gain the skills needed for your classes, clients, and students
- Get your questions answered
Required: Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief by Julie Lusk. New Harbinger Publications, 2015.
If you don’t have this book already, you can purchase it by clicking here.
Additional training materials will be provided.
Recommended: Yoga Nidra Meditations: 24 Scripts for True Relaxation by Julie Lusk, and Yoga Meditations: Timeless Mind-Body Practices by Julie Lusk
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 40 contact hours.
You can input your contact hours using your YA login information.
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate with your program’s total contact hours for a $10 fee (free for IYTA members.) For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Truly one of my favorite programs, and I’ve attended many. Julie’s program reached beyond “how to teach” Yoga Nidra. Julie’s way is very uplifting, pure, open-minded and adaptive. There is so much more to Yoga Nidra than I imagined and I am so fortunate to have had the opportunity to discover it with Julie! I miss Yogaville so much, looking forward to seeing you all again! Namaste — Lisa Caunitis
I wanted to go deep into Yoga to share with others as a Yoga teacher; I totally got what I came for. The practice, experiencing Yoga Nidra, was very important, this way I know what I am talking about. — Anna Vasudevan
The training left me with a better understanding of Yoga Nidra and an ability to teach it. This has been such an invaluable experience to learn from the author of the training book, who has such a wealth of experience and wisdom. — Gigi Jones
Julie Lusk specializes in balancing and strengthening the body-mind-spirit connection through Yoga, meditation, constructive relaxation, and guided imagery as an international author, recording artist, and workshop leader. Julie is the author of Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief, Yoga Meditations, two volumes of 30 Scripts for Relaxation, Imagery, and Inner Healing, and Desktop Yoga®. Her CDs include Sleep Well: Yoga Nidra, Wholesome Relaxation, Power of Presence, Blue Moon Rising, and many others. Her newest book, Yoga Nidra Meditations: 24 Scripts for Total Relaxation will be available in May. She is talented in bringing the best out in others through…
Learn more about Julie Lusk, E-RYT 500, M.Ed.